Anyone else gone crazy & booked their 2012 cruise(s) yet?

Goldryder

Hi chirpy007,

I just priced this cruise up on the RCI website and it seemed to be quite good value (compared to the 14-nighters in July/Aug, which are ridiculously expensive, IMO). So, I don't have a TA in mind, but I'll let you know if I find any good deals:cool::).

If I do go ahead and book, I'll start up a Roll Call (if there isn't one already):).

Thanks Evelyn.......Marie:D

Going on Infinity out of Buenos Aries on the 2nd JAN round the horn to Santiago. Looking forward to it as we did the Valpariasio last March to Ft Lauderdale through the Panama and lots of people on this cruise had come from Buenos Aries and raved about it. anybody else going.

elenor:D:D

Hi, im also looking at this one. I dont know if l should book direct online, over the phone or third party. I have never had free parking or OBC ....but would like to get it :D could you pm me who you are planning to book with please. Thanks

Just for a heads up I have always booked direct with RCCL as I've found their fly cruise deals much cheaper than travel agents. For my 2 most recent bookings I've asked the RCCL telephone agent if he/she can offer any OBC as other sites/shops are and both times $100 pp has been offered and accepted.

Also the £70 per person flight charge when cruising from Southampton is a steal, to fly to Southampton Airport the taxes alone are typically about £70 return and you get the bus travel for free too!

I'll also add that I'm booked on IOS on the 17th March. Got an amazing price on one of the 2 centre hump cabin plus some Platinum balcony discount. First balcony room since my first cruise on Liberty 3 years ago, cannot wait.

Actually booked our 2012 cruise before last Christmas........! How about that for getting ahead of yourself? It was sold as 'cruise only.' When we did the research and realised that in order to fly too and from Tahiti we'd clock up upwards of 60 hours in a plane we decided against it and cancelled the trip. Now looking for an alternative but finding it very difficult. The cruise has to be in the winter, Jan/Feb, don't want to go to the Far East again as I've been there two years running. Don't like big ships with 1,000-plus passengers (and don't have a Seabourn budget - but don't sail on anything owned by the Carnival Corp anyway). Have sailed 5 times with Fred Olsen and three of those times were disappointing. Makes choosing a cruise more challenging!!!!

Now looking for an alternative but finding it very difficult. The cruise has to be in the winter, Jan/Feb, don't want to go to the Far East again as I've been there two years running. Don't like big ships with 1,000-plus passengers (and don't have a Seabourn budget - but don't sail on anything owned by the Carnival Corp anyway). Have sailed 5 times with Fred Olsen and three of those times were disappointing. Makes choosing a cruise more challenging!!!!

Azamara?

Hi everyone

We have our 2012 cruise booked, we are going on p&o oceana going to the caribean and america for 35 nights, we are so looking forward to it, swimming with the rays in grand cayman, to touring the louisiana swamps.

Only 9 months to go and counting.

Meme70

We already have a B2B on Adventure OTS out of San Juan for Feb and we have now just booked a Transatlantic on Liberty OTS from Barcelona to Ft Lauderdale in Oct 2012. Thus, I think we are now covered for 2012 !

• 7 months later...

Bit of a mish mash, really.....get off Celebrity Eclipse one Saturday in May; spend the night in Holiday Inn- which is nearly on the ship!- then get on Ventura on the Sunday....;) Best way to fit in 2 1/2 weeks away from home, without that long journey to Southampton again....:)

Jo.

Archived