2 Spiro's Taxi Companies is Athens?

flcruiser3

I am in the process of booking my private shore excursions fro next summer's Mediterranean cruise and was planning to use Spiro's Taxi in Athens. When I looked for his website, I found 2 different companies. If you have used Spiro's and would recommend him, would you tell me which company you used. #1 http://********************/contact.htm or #2 http://www.korthiandros.com/taxiingreece/contactus.htm Thanks!

We used Spiros a few summer ago for 3 days of touring in and around Athens and had a marvelous time. He is knowledgable, knows when it's the best time to visit places, and can recommend great food. I believe your first address is the one to use.

Pam

• 4 weeks later...
I wsn't expecting that website to be blocked. Does that mean that there has been a problem with that company on cruise critic? This is my 1st post. The website is; #1 www dot athenstaxi dot net #2 is www dot korthiandros dot com Thanks!

We used Spriros in Athens (first website) in Sept. 2008. He did not deliver what was promised. I would not use him again.

In Katakolon we used George, who was excellent. We are going to the Mediterranean again and I asked George for a recommendation in Athens and he referred me to Fotis Kollaris. This is his website:http://www dot athensprivatetour dot gr

I cannot comment on the quality of the tour because we haven't taken it yet. However, if he does as well as George, we will be happy.

Terri

I am also a fan of George Letsios. 4 of us had a wonderful day with George last May.

On his recommendation, we also did a full day tour from Piraeus to Corinth, Napfloion,

Mycanae, etc with Fotis in November. It was also a great day.

You might find that Fotis is a little more conservative in character than George, but very professional and personable. I'm confident that you will thoroughly enjoy your tour with him.

I am also a fan of George Letsios. 4 of us had a wonderful day with George last May.

On his recommendation, we also did a full day tour from Piraeus to Corinth, Napfloion,

You might find that Fotis is a little more conservative in character than George, but very professional and personable. I'm confident that you will thoroughly enjoy your tour with him.

That's really good to know.

Terri

• 2 months later...
We used Spriros in Athens (first website) in Sept. 2008. He did not deliver what was promised. I would not use him again.

In Katakolon we used George, who was excellent. We are going to the Mediterranean again and I asked George for a recommendation in Athens and he referred me to Fotis Kollaris. This is his website:http://www dot athensprivatetour dot gr

I cannot comment on the quality of the tour because we haven't taken it yet. However, if he does as well as George, we will be happy.

Terri

I can't seem to get the website for Fotis to work or find an email for him. Does anyone know if he is still around?

We used Spiros Taxi Service on our recently completed Equinox cruise and also in 2008 on the Summit. Both times he delivered exactly what was promised. In 2008, Spiros himself was unavailable but he gave us his colleague Jimmy. (We knew ahead of time that we would have Jimmy). Jimmy was great and we requested him again for our 2011 cruise.

In 2008 we did Spiros' standard taxi tour to the Acropolis, Parthenon, Olympic Stadium, Plaka, changing of the guards, etc. This time we decided to go to the new Acropolis Museum, which wasn't open on our prior visit, and then out to the Corinth canal and the ruins of ancient Corinth. It was a great trip.

It's important to realize that Spiros and his colleagues are taxi drivers, not licensed guides. Jimmy provided us with lots of colorful commentary on Athens and Corinth, but we were well aware that he was not a licensed guide and would not accompany us into the sites. We were very well satisfied and would use Spiros Taxi Service again.

I was looking into these private tours, but I passed and went with the ship's shore excursion, so we could have a guided and narrated tour of the Acropolis, and other areas, as opposed to just being dropped off. And since we are tendering in Athens for some reason, I wanted to ensure we aren't late getting back.

I was looking into these private tours, but I passed and went with the ship's shore excursion, so we could have a guided and narrated tour of the Acropolis, and other areas, as opposed to just being dropped off. And since we are tendering in Athens for some reason, I wanted to ensure we aren't late getting back.

FYI, you can download a free audio guide from Rick Steves' website for the Acropolis and other Athens sites and put it on your iPod.

We just got back two weeks ago and we used Dennis of privatetoursof athens. His e-mail address is dennisprivatetour@yahoo.com. He was excellent, the mini van was very comfortable and he delivered everything that he promised.

He had us at the Parthenon/Acropolis before any of the tour buses got there and we had the whole place to ourselves. the picture ops were amazing with out the crowds. (He is the son of the famous George the Taxi driver.)

We used Spiros a few summer ago for 3 days of touring in and around Athens and had a marvelous time. He is knowledgable, knows when it's the best time to visit places, and can recommend great food. I believe your first address is the one to use. Pam

We used the first Spiros listed in June 2006. He did the tour personally and things worked out super well. We had a great time touring the Peloponnesian Peninsula. We were very happy.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Just back from a June 7-19 Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc. These postings are now over 14,000 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2011, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now over 44,600 views.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Appreciate those who have “tuned in” for these two posts. Don’t be shy and feel free to comment and/or ask any questions of interest.

I can't seem to get the website for Fotis to work or find an email for him. Does anyone know if he is still around?

My internet skills are not up to being able to post a link to the website for Fotis, but if you "google" Fotis Kolliris, you will find a number of links - testimonials on Trip Adviser and CC, as well as his website with contact details.

I wsn't expecting that website to be blocked. Does that mean that there has been a problem with that company on cruise critic? This is my 1st post. The website is; #1 www dot athenstaxi dot net #2 is www dot korthiandros dot com Thanks!

Just got back from Med cruise on the Ruby Princess we used Spiros first address. There were 8 of us we had a huge new van, Spiros drives the taxis not the vans (which he told me ahead of time) so we had George as our driver he was excellent. We did Athens and Cape Sounion we had a great day saw everything including the changing of the guards and he even gave us time to shop at the Plaka. It was an amazing day and very reasonably priced as well.

Hope this helps.

Just got back from Med cruise on the Ruby Princess we used Spiros first address. There were 8 of us we had a huge new van, Spiros drives the taxis not the vans (which he told me ahead of time) so we had George as our driver he was excellent. We did Athens and Cape Sounion we had a great day saw everything including the changing of the guards and he even gave us time to shop at the Plaka. It was an amazing day and very reasonably priced as well.

Hope this helps.

Can u tell me what type of vehicle he used? I will have George next June and Spiros said his larger vehicle could handle up to 18 people (we currently have up to 16 people). I would like to make sure the vehicle wont be too crowed if we go with the 18 people.

thanks!

• 2 months later...

We booked with Spiros and when we arrived we found ourselves with Fotis. At first we were dismayed, but it turned out great. Fotis now has his own business, we had such a wonderful day with him. I highly recommend Fotis!!!!!

We used Spiros in October 2008 on a Med Cruise. I went with him based on the reviews I had read on these boards. He wasn't available and he had one of his associates drive us. I had made arrangements with Spiros and told him what things we wanted to see. I repeated the information to our new driver. He took us at the Acropolis in the morning and told us about a place to each lunch nearby. We went there and it was quite pricey and not what we wanted. We said we wanted to go to the Plaka for a few hours to have lunch and do some shopping, he told us the Plaka area was closed due to a protest. He then took us to a shop owned by his friends and seemed angry when we didn't buy anything. He then took us back to the ship (earlier than I expected). Once we got back to the ship we found out that the Plaka was open and there were no protests. Others on our ship had gone there. Our guide had lied to us.

I did email Spiros but at that point the tour was over. I personally would never use him again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

We booked the Peloponnese tour with Spiro of Athenstaxi in November. Had 12 people in a 18 passenger bus with George as our driver. I can't say enought good things about the tour and George. Really had a good time and I highly recommend Spiro and his company.

Archived