Taxi in Barcelona Port?

m4rcla

WHERE will you be going? The taxis have meters like in the USA.

Here is a fare calculator you can use:

http://www.worldtaximeter.com/barcelona

Put in cruiseport and then the name of your hotel or location

It will give you a good estimate of the meter and then there are some extra charges for luggage about 1e per suitcase in the trunk.

When you say 'downtown' where exactly do you mean? (sorry, its a word we don't really use in Europe unless it's a local talking to a local)

If you just mean to the bottom of the Ramblas, then take the public bus from the dock, only €2.

When you say 'downtown' where exactly do you mean? (sorry, its a word we don't really use in Europe unless it's a local talking to a local)

If you just mean to the bottom of the Ramblas, then take the public bus from the dock, only €2.

You're right, the blue port bus was a snap; and €2 is a lot cheaper than €15 euro for a taxi. Bus runs from dock to the statue at the bottom of Ramblas

We'll be aboard the Norwegian Epic. I'm not quite sure which port in Barcelona it will be in.

We're staying very close to the Las Ramblas area.

Thanks!

There is really only one cruise port, but it has several berths (maybe 6 or 7).

If you are disembarking then taxi is probably easier if you have luggage to take to a hotel. You can of course take it on the bus but it might be tricky of there is a lot of people, and then of course you have to drag it up the Ramblas to your hotel.

SwissDave, we generally refer to downtown as the central part of a city.

In Europe it is probably better to use the phrase "city centre" or its equivalent eg centro ciudad.

I have heard the phrase "downtown" but I had always assumed it meant away from the city centre as in "down from the town".

Now I know different;)

Archived