Breakfast menu?

Infi

In less than 2 weeks I will be waking up on the Nieuw Amsterdam for the first day of our 14 day cruise, will have coffee on my aft suite verandah, then get ready and go to the Dining Room or PG and order off this menu! I hope I don't sound like I am bragging, I am just so excited and I know that the wonderful members of this board will "get it"! What a luxury this cruise will be! How fortunate are we that we get to do this, not once, but for a few of us, do over and over and over! I dreamed of cruising when my children were young, hoping that one day I could experience cruising firsthand. I have been overwhelmed that this is our 5th cruise in 7 years, our third suite, our first deluxe suite and DH has already told me that we are going to do the future cruise deposit thing again! This isn't my last cruise! When will breakfast be ready?!

Exactly. The breakfast menu is extensive, no doubt about it, and I'm happy with it. But, the breakfast specials were different and interesting, and we were looking forward to having them again. That banana bread french toast was to die for, as was the crabmeat omelet.

If you wanted to request a special menu item at breakfast, who would you ask? I've requested things at dinner, but that's always been a day ahead and with my fixed waitstaff. Not sure how that would work with open seating breakfast.

It is a good idea to try asking, I really wanted to try the banana bread french toast, I've never even heard of that before but it sounds really yummy

You could speak with one of the assistant Maitre d's (Dining Room Managers), one of the supervisor for a particular section in the dining room or even your steward. You could arrange a day in advance to be seated in his section the next morning.

Of course, I can't say for sure you'll have your request granted but there is nothing to lose by asking.

Thanks, Sail. I know there's no guarantees, but I think I'll try asking. It's worth a shot. :)

You could speak with one of the assistant Maitre d's (Dining Room Managers), one of the supervisor for a particular section in the dining room or even your steward. You could arrange a day in advance to be seated in his section the next morning.

Of course, I can't say for sure you'll have your request granted but there is nothing to lose by asking.

there is no guarantee that the wait staff you have for dinner will be the same ones for breakfast as they rotate them since only the lower level of the dining room is open for breakfast

some of the dining room staff are assigned to work in the lido

most ships:

sea days -- 8 - 9:30

port days -- 7:30 - 9

times are listed in the explorer daily program

Thanks, KK. I've never paid attention to the times since we usually get room service but next cruise I plan to try breakfast in the MDR.

Hope you're getting some pain relief. Isn't it great that while you're under some amount of limited activity you have CC to keep you occupied? It's what kept me going when I was recouperating from my hip surgeries.

i really like the 'international' selections. very nice.

I liked the International Selections too, though I usually stuck with the basic American breakfast. Our son tried most of them and enjoyed eating as they do in other countries.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sail7seas

there is no guarantee that the wait staff you have for dinner will be the same ones for breakfast as they rotate them since only the lower level of the dining room is open for breakfast

some of the dining room staff are assigned to work in the lido

No, of course, one cannot know they will be seated for breakfast in the section where they have dinner nor have the same dining steward for breakfast.

What my message says is that one could speak with the steward who is serving them breakfast. While they cannot know they will have the same one the next day, they can arrange with an assistant dining room manager or a section supervisor how to handle the guest having his request met for the next morning. They may tell him/her where to sit the next morning when they arrive or who to speak with when they get to the dining room. It really isn't a big deal and there is a good chance they will be accomodated. No need to make a simple thing more complicated than necessary :)

Thanks, KK. I've never paid attention to the times since we usually get room service but next cruise I plan to try breakfast in the MDR.

Hope you're getting some pain relief. Isn't it great that while you're under some amount of limited activity you have CC to keep you occupied? It's what kept me going when I was recouperating from my hip surgeries.

thank you -- some pain gone

glad i am able to get to use the computer to keep my mind occupied

Archived