Curacao or St Croix

Peace2U

HI. I am considering a couple of cruises. One goes to St Croix and the other goes to Curacao. The other ports are fairly identical. Which island is better? We don't snorkel, we just like touring islands and nice beaches.

I would pick Curacao if it were me.. the only time we went to St Croix we were docked a good way from the main shopping/sightseeing area; the island isn't that picturesque and several cruise lines quit going there altogether. Curacao has charming downtown area in Willemstad, lovely beaches, nice restaurants. lots of good info on this board to get suggestions

I would pick Curacao if it were me.. the only time we went to St Croix we were docked a good way from the main shopping/sightseeing area; the island isn't that picturesque and several cruise lines quit going there altogether. Curacao has charming downtown area in Willemstad, lovely beaches, nice restaurants. lots of good info on this board to get suggestions

I second Caroline's thoughts. We've been to Curacao 3x and I'd happily go back. Have been to St Croix only once, and while I did enjoy the stop, I didn't find it nearly as enjoyable as Curacao. I think Curacao has something to offer for everyone, whether you just want to beach it, want to shop or want some sightseeing with some history thrown in.

Curacao.....

We've been to Curacao about 10 times, the last being in May, 2010 and every time we go, we think it better and better.

We were just in St. Croix in December, 2010 and our day there was not nearly as enjoyable for us as Curacao. The ships had stopped calling there for years and are just starting back. St. Croix is building back up their cruise ship tourism and there's still more work needed.

JMO......

Curacao.....

We've been to Curacao about 10 times, the last being in May, 2010 and every time we go, we think it better and better.

Hi...I'm having a hard time finding island tours for Curacao...any suggestions?

Thanks =)

Archived