Lurking no more...

Yooper2

Now that I FINALLY signed up as a CC member, I’m posting this on the Princess, HAL, and Celebrity boards because that’s where I have been lurking.

Our first cruise was on the Coral Princess to Alaska in 2004 and I lurked on the Princess board and found a wealth of information that made our first cruise wonderful. I didn’t join CC because I thought that would be the only cruise we’d take.

Now, thanks to a flash sale on HAL, we’ll be cruising down to Baja on March 19. Thanks to all HAL contributors. We’re also looking at a Med cruise on Celebrity next year if the itinerary that they have for 2011 stays the same for 2012. So I have been gathering information on Celebrity Solstice class ships.

I have found that things change so quickly that this is the best place for information if you want to find the nuances of the different cruise lines, current policies, and enforcement or lack of thereof of those polices. Thanks to all of you who are frequent cruisers and have been willing to share with those of us who are newbies or infrequent cruisers. The cruise lines should pay you!!!

Now that I FINALLY signed up as a CC member, I’m posting this on the Princess, HAL, and Celebrity boards because that’s where I have been lurking.

Our first cruise was on the Coral Princess to Alaska in 2004 and I lurked on the Princess board and found a wealth of information that made our first cruise wonderful. I didn’t join CC because I thought that would be the only cruise we’d take.

Now, thanks to a flash sale on HAL, we’ll be cruising down to Baja on March 19. Thanks to all HAL contributors. We’re also looking at a Med cruise on Celebrity next year if the itinerary that they have for 2011 stays the same for 2012. So I have been gathering information on Celebrity Solstice class ships.

I have found that things change so quickly that this is the best place for information if you want to find the nuances of the different cruise lines, current policies, and enforcement or lack of thereof of those polices. Thanks to all of you who are frequent cruisers and have been willing to share with those of us who are newbies or infrequent cruisers. The cruise lines should pay you!!!

Welcome Out of Lurkdomville:)

Joanie

Welcome Out of Lurkdomville:)

Joanie

Is this a real word/place??;)

Welcome Yooper2! You are right--tons of great advice from all the experienced CC cruisers. Are you really in the UP? Hubby has family in Michigan and once has a "cabin" in UP (about an hour north of the bridge). His cabin is nicer than our house--by a LOT!!

ML

PS: getting close to our cabin assignments (about a month i think), so I may be in touch soon.

welcome - so glad to see you have moved from lurking to posting. Please feel free to join in or ask any questions you have. That's what the board is for. The more people we have that 'post' and not lurk, the more interesting it gets. Welcome and enjoy your cruise :)

We have been on several cruises and this is the first one I have been on CC boards to research. What had we been thinking? I have gained so much knowledge through CC that the coming cruises should without a doubt be the most planned, double planned, and checked one ever. We began on plan A and after reading CC boards have finally settled on plan S. (I think):)

Archived