When is your spring break?

AandBmom

Within a 50 mile radius of us, are 4-5 different school districts...and all break at different times!

Most of March and April will be "spring break" for someone, somewhere.

And then, in May, colleges let out for the summer......then, summer vacations start.....

we get February break which is always the week of President's day.

Then we get Spring break, but in our area it depends on when Passover and Easter fall. So sometimes we get split breaks (like last year - a few days around Passover and a few around Easter). however, this year those 2 holiday are close so we get April 15-26 off (ACK!!!)

OP here. I know almost every week is spring break for someone, but I was hoping to have a whole bunch of responses with the specific weeks so I could get a sense of which weeks are the most common for spring breakers.

OP here. I know almost every week is spring break for someone, but I was hoping to have a whole bunch of responses with the specific weeks so I could get a sense of which weeks are the most common for spring breakers.
OK, our local school district is on break the week of March 21.

But ours is only one of over 600 school districts in Ohio. There are some 13,000+ school districts in the US. Each sets there own calendar.

Correct me if I'm wrong but in Canada the break is pretty much by province. So all of Ontario will be on break at one time. Here there are winter breaks, spring breaks, some tied to religious holidays (Easter or Passover) some associated with regional holidays (Patriot's Day - April 18).

In our experience the full weeks in March are usually the most popular.

Charlie

Charlie, thanks for the link. We're looking at crusing the second week of April and it looks like most of the post secondary school breaks are done by then (yay!). If only I could find a similar list for elementary schools.

From researching this in the past, I think most of the US get breaks mid-March; however, in the Northeast, we get breaks during President's Week in Feb and the 3rd week of April. Most college breaks are the 2nd or 3rd week of March.

Archived