Summit question

farnamcoach

Does anyone know if the ship has been updated to include the"solstice" upgrades yet?

Nope, not yet. 3 weeks in January 2012 is when she will be

"Solsticizied".

Does anyone know if the bedding has been updated? Some of the member cruise reviews show the beds as looking pretty worn .. RC had recently upgraded the bedding on all the ships .The last cruise with RC we slept really well.

I am anxious to try Celebrity, while I would have preferred one of their newer ships we chose the Summit because its going to Bermuda. We have never been to Bermuda nor been on a Celebrity ship. Looking forward to June...

Carol

Hello, I am just starting to check out the summitt and bermuda for may 29. some reviews say the ship is pretty worn out, so makes me wonder about the beds, etc.. we just wanted to go to bermuda and this is the only celebrity ship that goes there. what to do??

I was just on Summit a couple weeks ago, and I can only say that I thought the beds and the bedding were all absolutely fine for both of us. Knowing it is going for upgrades next year, I expected much worse and was pleasantly surprised.

We were on the Summit last May! Our bed was fine. The ship is a cozy ship. It is not ultra modern so some people downgrade it for that. I think that is the personality of the Summit. We had a great time going to Bermuda!

I actually think most of the bedding was replaced in a refurb 2-3 years ago. You will notice the rounded ends. Slept great a few weeks ago on our Summit bedding. We have a great mattress at home, too, but I love that little bit of ship motion rocking me to sleep.

Kinda of an off question, but still about beds! We are on the Summit in September, just booked:D ended up getting a room with a connecting door, 9150, NOT my first choice:( anyway it looks like (from the pictures) that the door is where the couch usually goes? #1 what happens to the couch and #2 if they know that we won't be using the door (don't know the people next door) will they put a couch in front of it. In other words

I WANT MY COUCH!!!!!!

anyone know the answer to this one:eek::confused:

Thanks

Kinda of an off question, but still about beds! We are on the Summit in September, just booked:D ended up getting a room with a connecting door, 9150, NOT my first choice:( anyway it looks like (from the pictures) that the door is where the couch usually goes? #1 what happens to the couch and #2 if they know that we won't be using the door (don't know the people next door) will they put a couch in front of it. In other words

I WANT MY COUCH!!!!!!

anyone know the answer to this one:eek::confused:

Thanks

Not on X but we have had "connecting" cabins and the doors have always been at the foot of the bed in both cabins. We never lost a couch to a door as I have always read in posts on other lines. Hopefully someone will be able to confirm this to be true on the Summit.

Archived