Do meds need to be in their original containers?

bunchesofun

I'm sorry, I've never been to jail, so I'm not sure what a "green sheet" is. Sure, can you post a copy of it?

I too was wondering what a green sheet is, and more importantly, how she came to have access to it :)

As a police officer, I can tell you that getting caught with controlled substances is illegal, unless you have a prescription. That bottle with your name on it is your proof. Without it, you are in possession of illegal narcotics unless / until you can prove otherwise.

I Purchase my Prescriptions from our medical insurance company (Humana) on a 3 month program and the smaller bottles do not come with the name and instructions on it. Because of there size I guess.

I just redid the bags for our RX (all 20 of them!). I cut the renewal slips up and tape them with clear tape onto a zip lock snack bag. The renew slip names the medicine, the common/brand name/ my name/ the Dr. Name/the dosage/ the RX number/ and the date the RX is valid for. That proves along with my passport that these medications are for me. This label is the important item not the physical container. I also carry a RX history sheet that shows the RX numbers and the label information printed from the RX company with phone # for pharmacist. This is also what I give to the Dr. or hospital when seeing them for the first time (keep a copy in a plastic bag in my little purse makeup kit). This works for me, my Dr says it works for her, it is accurate and readable format. I carry my daily dosers in my purse and the snack bags with the rest of the supply (in a plastic zippered bag) in my carryon. Hubby and I carry a few days supply for each other in our carry ons. If this quits working and proves a problem I will figure out another way. But for now!

I just redid the bags for our RX (all 20 of them!). I cut the renewal slips up and tape them with clear tape onto a zip lock snack bag. The renew slip names the medicine, the common/brand name/ my name/ the Dr. Name/the dosage/ the RX number/ and the date the RX is valid for. That proves along with my passport that these medications are for me. This label is the important item not the physical container. I also carry a RX history sheet that shows the RX numbers and the label information printed from the RX company with phone # for pharmacist. This is also what I give to the Dr. or hospital when seeing them for the first time (keep a copy in a plastic bag in my little purse makeup kit). This works for me, my Dr says it works for her, it is accurate and readable format. I carry my daily dosers in my purse and the snack bags with the rest of the supply (in a plastic zippered bag) in my carryon. Hubby and I carry a few days supply for each other in our carry ons. If this quits working and proves a problem I will figure out another way. But for now!

DO NOT plan on going into the Middle East or Asia with medicine in zip locks, prescription or not. NOT a safe way to travel to these areas. You will DEFINITELY get stopped, hassled and may find yourself in deep doo-doo. Just because your Dr (USA) says it is OK, it is NOT OK in a lot of places.

That would be a good plan if you use small pill bottles instead of baggies.... most security agents have an idea of what pill containers look like and baggies wouldn't fit that expectation. You're fine with the renewal slips though, at least if they are like mine and look exactly like the prescription label.

Archived