Liquor store in san juan

We stayed at a Marriott in Condado and walked a 3 blocks to a grocery store that had a very good liquor supply. Unfortunately we drank it all long before we could smuggle it on the ship. :D

There is a liquor inside of the Airport. Their prices are reasonable and they will put your purchases in a padded bag.

This won't work before getting on the ship. The would take the liquor and hold it until just before they disembark. I don't think that is what the OP had in mind!;)

There is a liquor inside of the Airport. Their prices are reasonable and they will put your purchases in a padded bag.

Unless I am mistaken, if you are referring to the duty free store you must be holding an outbound plane ticket to make a purchase at the store. You are not allowed to buy if you have already landed.

there is a liquor store just inside the terminal (at least there was in 2008 when I did Empress). RCI will confiscate liquor and they will shake any plastic bottles you have. If not sealed they will open them and sniff.

When RCL docks in San Juan, will it be in a terminal with shops or just a pier? San Juan is just one of our ports -- not a start of end of ports.

MARAPRINCE

When RCL docks in San Juan, will it be in a terminal with shops or just a pier? San Juan is just one of our ports -- not a start of end of ports.

MARAPRINCE

It depends on what other ships are in port with you. Usually RCCL ships that are in port on a day stop use Pier 3 which doesn't have anything. Sometimes they are at Pier 4 (next door) that does have a liquor store in the terminal.

Unless I am mistaken, if you are referring to the duty free store you must be holding an outbound plane ticket to make a purchase at the store. You are not allowed to buy if you have already landed.

Not to doubt what you said. It has been 3 years since we sailed out of San Juan. But the last time we were in San Juan we went in and bought some Rum. We were leaving San Juan, but we never had to show our boarding pass that would have indicated that we were leaving. I saw the prices of their Rum and bought 3 bottle before we left.

It depends on what other ships are in port with you. Usually RCCL ships that are in port on a day stop use Pier 3 which doesn't have anything. Sometimes they are at Pier 4 (next door) that does have a liquor store in the terminal.

Say we arrive at Pier 3, can you to over to Pier 4 or will nothing be opened? We arrive on the EOS on Thanksgiving Day.

MARAPRINCE

Not to doubt what you said. It has been 3 years since we sailed out of San Juan. But the last time we were in San Juan we went in and bought some Rum. We were leaving San Juan, but we never had to show our boarding pass that would have indicated that we were leaving. I saw the prices of their Rum and bought 3 bottle before we left.

They are supposed to check boarding passes. I am suprised because usually they deliver the liquor purchases in sealed packages right to the jetway. At least that has been our experience.

In Miramar there was a Pueblo store a couple blocks away with a nice selection (and good prices) on PR Rum but everything else was in a lockup at the front of the store. At the Pan Am pier (for cruises starting and ending in San Juan) there is a duty free store and there are other threads around detailing how people remove the stickers put on their carry-on bags. We've always put our plastic bottles in the checked bags usually between other hard non-metalic items like shoes.

As far as we could determine there was no easy way to get from the Pan Am pier to the other piers over at Old San Juan. A water taxi service would be a very nice option at San Juan but the taxi mob probably would not like that.

We did notice that that duty free shops in all the ports we had to show our Seapass card to prove we were leaving.

Say we arrive at Pier 3, can you to over to Pier 4 or will nothing be opened? We arrive on the EOS on Thanksgiving Day.

MARAPRINCE

I don't know if they would let you into the terminal at Pier 4 if your ship wasn't there (it may not be open if there isn't a ship there anyways). You could always try and see.:)

There is a CVS store a block or two down the street from the Sheridan Old San Juan. The Sheridan Old San Juan is immediately across the street from the piers where the ships stop which are making port just for the day (this is not where the Serenade and Adventure dock for embarking and disembarking for their sailings).

• 2 weeks later...

Read your post on the other site that has now been "closed" so am contacting you on this one. You mentioned when you used rum runners you put a camo cap on them. I have rum runners and have no idea of what a camo cap is???????? . If it helps being undetected i would surely like to be advised. Thank you. Marydallas. Have a grand cruise.

Archived