Taxi from Cannes cruise/tender terminal to Villa Ephrussi de Rothschild

Devon Bloke

We are arriving in Cannes on the Queen Victoria on 13 July.

We would like to take a taxi from Cannes cruise/tender terminal to Villa Ephrussi de Rothschild.

Are taxi's fairly easy to get around the area of the tender terminal? And has anyone got ideas of cost?

(I've already checked with Villa Ephrussi de Rothschild that we can an order a return taxi at the Villa for the return journey)

Thanks

I don't know how indicative our experience was but I don't recall seeing any taxis waiting when we tendered into Canne. Now we were not looking for any so I guess they could have been there somewhere.

Kirk

There are always taxis in Cannes, but many times they are all too busy having their morning cafe au lait to bother coming to the tender pier area. However, if there are no taxis you can walk towards the center of town (just walk along the marina keeping the water on your right) and cross the main street when you get to the end of the marina. There are a few cafes in that area and you will find some taxis parked as their drivers relax inside. They will happily take you to the Villa Ephrussi...but be prepared to mortgage your first-born in order to pay the price. Taxis in the south of France are very expensive and you are talking about 35 - 40 miles each way. Not sure of the fare but it will be in the hundreds of Euros. As an alternative you could take the train from Cannes to someplace much closer to the Villa. We are not positive of the closest station without doing some research but suspect Villefranche would be pretty close. Nice would also be a good option since there are lots of taxis at that train station.

Hank

Archived