Guarantee Question re: Luggage Tags

bythehex

This is the first time we ever booked a guarantee cabin. How does it work with the luggage tags? We haven't been issued a cabin number yet and I understand we might not know a cabin number until we actually check in.

So when we get to the port (Brooklyn in this case), will the porters have a manifest or a list with our cabin number? And do they hand you luggage tags for you to fill in on the spot?

Has anyone found that it those instances that it takes longer for your luggage to arrive in your cabin - or doesn't it make a difference?

Thanks in advance for your help!

This is the first time we ever booked a guarantee cabin. How does it work with the luggage tags? We haven't been issued a cabin number yet and I understand we might not know a cabin number until we actually check in.

So when we get to the port (Brooklyn in this case), will the porters have a manifest or a list with our cabin number? And do they hand you luggage tags for you to fill in on the spot?

Has anyone found that it those instances that it takes longer for your luggage to arrive in your cabin - or doesn't it make a difference?

Thanks in advance for your help!

I have never known a cabin number to be allocated at the pier. You should get to know in sufficient time to be able to print your tags.

In all likelihood you will know your cabin assignment before leaving for the cruise.

I often book a guarantee and have had an assignment given as soon as the same day as I booked and as late as about 10 days before the cruise.

Even if the assignment is made very close to the sail date, you can see it on the boarding pass or luggage tags which are accessible on the personalizer even on the morning you will sail.

Archived