Is it too cold to use H2O Zone during a Christmas Cruise?

I was looking into a Christmas cruise on the Liberty of the Seas ( which sails the Eastern Caribbean ). During days at Sea...would it be too cold for the kids to play in the H20 Zone?

Same goes for the Ports of Call...especially Labadee....I have no clue what the weather and water is like during the December months.

I was concerned that the water would be too cold along with the weather during that time. For the family...one of the main reasons why we go on a cruise is to play in the water and swim..especially during the Christmas time....which is something that we've never done before...going on a vacation to the Caribbean. I was afraid that it maybe too cold.

It really depends on if a cold front sinks into Florida or not.....even if it does, it will still be pleasant temps....and depending on where you're from, it can be fine for swimming! Floridians might think it's cool, whereas folks from Maine or Minnesota might think it's quite warm....it's all what you're used to!

Of course, if you were to do a southern Caribbean, it's summertime year round....our cold fronts don't affect the S. Carib at all.

I am a Floridian who has access to a pool that is generously heated in the winter to please seasonal residents. I was in the water in Labadee on December 2 and enjoyed it. I was in CocoCay on December 25 and nothing could have convinced me to get in that cold water. It did not feel that cold to people from "up north", who were in the water having a good time. The winters in Florida have been colder than usual for the last two winters. It will be impossible to anticipate the weather far enough in advance to book a Christmas cruise, so you will have to decide if you are willing to take a chance. Generally kids have so much fun that they don't mind being chilly, and it is possible that what you consider cold is many degrees less than what is cold to a Floridian :)

If you're considering Christmas on Liberty, then you're looking at the 5 nighter that we're booked on leaving Christmas eve.

Depending on the weather in FL during the preceding weeks, it might be too cold or not. This past year, it was unseasonably cold for Floridians. Frankly, after the winter we've had up here in NJ, I just want to be somewhere that doesn't have snow.

Come over to the roll call if you decide to book. We have a little group forming already.

ETA: If you're looking at Liberty over Christmas, she does the western. You mentioned Eastern up above. Just checked my booking and the 5 night going out on 12/24 is western itinerary.

Archived