Temp in October

aussie2324

We will be on the Carnival Magic cruising around the beautiful Mediterranian in October. My question is the tempreture? We have never been there before and are travelling from Australia. So luggage is limited. I don't want to be taking up space with the wrong type of clothing.:confused:

We will be on the Carnival Magic cruising around the beautiful Mediterranian in October. My question is the tempreture? We have never been there before and are travelling from Australia. So luggage is limited. I don't want to be taking up space with the wrong type of clothing.:confused:

Take some for all kinds of weather. We did the end of October. Mornings were cool with a light jacket needed until about 10:00. After that sunshine for most of the day. Until our cruise ended in Venice we had cold, rainy weather the last 3 days in Venice, then on to Paris where it was also cold and rainy. You can really get a wide variation in October. I don't think it will be hot, but anything can and does happen.

I agree that you need a little bit of everything. Think layers when you pack. In order to manage with less when traveling it is a good idea to color coordinate.What I mean is pick 2 basic colors like black and brown for slacks/skirts etc. and then have tops that mix and match well. That way you don't need too many pairs of shoes which are the bulkiest things to pack. Also wear your bulkiest clothes onto the plane.Having good comfy walking shoes is really important!!

I agree with all the above posts about layers. I went on a two-week tour of Italy in mid-October, and the weather varied from chilly and rainy to hot and sunny. If I were going again I would pack tee shirts, jeans, lightweight pants, a couple of thin sweaters, a fleece hoodie,and a rain jacket with a hood. Definitely a couple of pairs of shoes to alternate if you are doing a lot of walking.

www.americanexpressweather.com

on the left side enter the city and the dates you will be there......

up pops all the historical data - high temp, low temp, rain, wind etc etc.....

This is as close as you can come to knowing what the weather COULD be like, since Mother Nature has her own ideas of what she is going to do on any given day :D

I've been to the Med the past 2 octobers.

In both instances, it started off HOT (in the 90s) and ended chilly (in the 50s) and this was only going through to about 10/19. So, I'd definitely consider what all said above. Layers layers. I'd also bring a scarf and gloves. You might laugh but i used them this year and wished I had listened to my coworker the year before when she said to bring them!

Have a fabulous time. God I love the Mediterranean. I want to be there now! :-)

We went right after Carole (ariawoman) last year. We packed layers. we did need them last year, but most days were pleasant.

The year before we packed layers, sweaters, etc. and never wore them.

You can just never tell. Do layers and you can't go wrong.

we've never taken gloves though and never needed them. oh well, if we do, just an excuse to shop :D

We went right after Carole (ariawoman) last year. We packed layers. we did need them last year, but most days were pleasant.

The year before we packed layers, sweaters, etc. and never wore them.

You can just never tell. Do layers and you can't go wrong.

we've never taken gloves though and never needed them. oh well, if we do, just an excuse to shop :D

LOL my name is Jennifer. Wondering where you got Carole from :-)

Archived