Concern about the cost of fuel!

m&m1329

We are scheduled for the March 20 on the Carnival Valor. We have noticed the cost of fuel increasing locally. Just wondering if anyone has been notified of any additional cost for fuel for this cruise? As per Carnival Cruise Line, they could charge an additional $9.00 per person, per day to cover the cost of fuel. We are hoping that we do not have additional charges without notice! :(

In the last crisis we were booked on another line and when we booked the added fuel charge was already in place but by the time we cruised the charge was removed as the cost to the line went down.

I suspect all the lines will use up their contracted fuel soon and initiate the fuel charge as soon as they are paying more for new supplies. Those who are concerned about it may want to factor it in at $9 per day times the amount of days for their cruise. If it doesn't happen, you have extra money for fun money. In fact for most cruises the total is not much so I would not worry about it. Assume it will be added at some point as prices go up, and celebrate if it isn't. Look up how they worked it in the last crisis to get a better idea.

Just a thought...

use the search tool

You're kidding, right? It seems 99% of the posts could be answered via Google. If people searched there would be no discussions about:

needing passport or not

bringing wine

bringing soda

how much alcohol can you bring home

cost of parking at $port

how to _______ John Heald

what time to board

what time to disembark

how to contact players club

what is the players club

what are the excursions in __________

how much to rent a car in __________

Are _________ allowed on board

What do you get for being platinum.

Where can you smoke?

Where can't you smoke?

What nights are __________ on ___________ ship

Is ______ upgrade worth $______.

And that's just a few examples off the top of my head from the past week or so of repetitive posts.

You're kidding, right? It seems 99% of the posts could be answered via Google. If people searched there would be no discussions about:

needing passport or not

bringing wine

bringing soda

how much alcohol can you bring home

cost of parking at $port

how to _______ John Heald

what time to board

what time to disembark

how to contact players club

what is the players club

what are the excursions in __________

how much to rent a car in __________

Are _________ allowed on board

What do you get for being platinum.

Where can you smoke?

Where can't you smoke?

What nights are __________ on ___________ ship

Is ______ upgrade worth $______.

And that's just a few examples off the top of my head from the past week or so of repetitive posts.

You forgot

Can I wear ____________ in the dining room

Is it ok if I ___________ on the balcony

:oops! I did not see the post the first time I posted it! New at this! Sorry I posted this concern twice!!!!!

No problem we all have to learn how to use CC for the great info on here.

BTW you were not the only one to post this question on here so dont feel too bad.icon7.gif

Bullied? Puhleeze. The Internet wasn't invented yesterday.

As hard as it is to repeat information, CC is different in that it draws new people who ask the same questions because they really don't know and may not even know about the search. I am an "old timer" in terms of the Internet so I know that support boards tend to be more supportive than, say, a political board. I love it when I read someone here explaining something to a new person or even explaining where to find the information. It is helpful and helped all of us when we first found this great cruise site, Internet or not.

We are scheduled for the March 20 on the Carnival Valor. We have noticed the cost of fuel increasing locally. Just wondering if anyone has been notified of any additional cost for fuel for this cruise? As per Carnival Cruise Line, they could charge an additional $9.00 per person, per day to cover the cost of fuel. We are hoping that we do not have additional charges without notice! :(

All you can be sure of is that IF Carnival decides to add it to the fare, that it will be done with little fanfare or notice and will take effect immediately for all passengers whether paid in full or not and without regard to when they sail.

All you can be sure of is that IF Carnival decides to add it to the fare, that it will be done with little fanfare or notice and will take effect immediately for all passengers whether paid in full or not and without regard to when they sail.

How do you know that? Last time they did it they announced it well in advance and it didn't take effect immediately.

Archived