Princess transfer London to Dover

dog

I can see that Princess offers a transfer from Gatwick & Heathrow to the ship in Dover.

Does anyone know if they also offer their transfer from London to Dover / Dover to London?

Not interested in Princess hotel/transfer package.

thanks

If Princess offer a pre/post-cruise hotel package for your cruise I suspect that you may be able to book just the transfer, from their hotel pick-up point (usually Victoria?)

Cruise-line transfers to Dover are particularly popular for Heathrow / Gatwick airports, because there's no direct public transport - passengers have to go into central London & change. :mad:

And by train that also means a central London hop between rail stations. :eek:

But there's excellent links to Dover from central London, way cheaper than Princess or other cruise-line transfers.

Frequent trains direct from St Pancras station. :)

Frequent National Express coaches from Victoria coach station, often with silly-cheap "fun fares". :)

Worth considering?

John Bull

• 5 months later...

Thanks John,

I know Princess offers London hotel/transfer packages, so they will probably leave from Victoria Station as you said. They did when I took them to Southampton pier.

I can only see the airport transfers to Dover by Princess for those not taking a hotel package.

I will need to call the TA to get an answer to this.

And I will look into the National Express Coach to Dover...sounds good.:)

John's advice is right on, especially the part about the National Express bus. We did their 'fun fares' from Victoria Coach Station to Dover for 5 pounds pp each way, 20 pound total, round trip. And, we have heard others say that they got them even cheaper.

Plus, many of the buses will take you right to the crusie ship terminal, even though they say the last stop is in Dover proper.

Since you are not doing the Princess hotel/transfer package, you still have to get to Victoria Coach Station, so why not save a bundle of money and use National Express.

Cheers

Len

********************************travel/dover_national_express.htm

Thanks Len,

I found the londontoolkit site that outlines the National Express Bus from London Victoria Station to Dover.

Hoping this works out for us. A great price!:)

We took the National Express Coach from Victoria to Dover in 2010. Keep checking http://www.nationalexpress.com a few months in advance of your cruise and see if they have the Funfare tickets under Specials. The coach is very comfortable with a bathroom onboard and seatbelts (the law). The time on your ticket is the time you leave the station. Get there early as it can get crowded. They charge to use the bathroom at Victoria Station.

There are 2 stops for Dover, Dover (in town) and Ferry Terminal, on their website it shows Cruise Terminal, the coach does not stop at the Cruise Terminal.

When our coach, arrived at the Dover stop the driver told us, he was off duty after the Ferry Terminal stop and if anybody wanted he could drop passengers off at the Cruise Terminal. We went during the week and there were Disney passengers on the bus so we all agreed. I mentioned to the driver, we had a hotel (Premier Inn Ferry Terminal) which we had passed and he was nice to stop the coach very close to the hotel for us.

If the driver does not go to the Cruise Terminal, there are taxi to take you from the Ferry terminal to the Cruise Terminal. It is a short distance so would be under 10 GBP.

If you have time, visit the Dover castle and war tunnels.

The Cruise Terminal is small and easy to embark/disembark. It used to be a train station.

Thanks for the info.

I'm thinking we might go one day before cruise and stay at a hotel in Dover. There are people we know in that area so we might get in touch with them.

Thanks again. I will keep checking the coach site after I book our flights next month.:)

We, 4 couples, used Airport Express (http://www.adlg.co.uk) on August 8, 2011 from Dover Port to 2 hotels...The Rembrandt and The Rubens at the Palace...

it was a minivan (Volkswagen Transporter Minibus) that very easliy carried the 8 of us and all our luggage.

we paid 209 British pounds—with a 20 pound tip, that would be a fraction over 76 pounds(about $125) per couple .

This was about a 2 hour drive.

It worked for us and the entire process was smooth and efficient.

Archived