Carnival Beach Excursions

tassycatt

Jungle Beach Break

Costa Maya, Mexico

• No minimum age
  • Activity Level: Easy icon-help13x13.gif Easy
    May include relaxing or walking short distances over relatively level terrain. Comfortable shoes may be recommended.

• Duration: 5 Hours
  • Experiences: Beach, Family, Party, Swimming

KInd of vague, I was wondering if lunches were included.

Just a ride and sometimes one drink.

Most ports are so easy to get to a beach on your own. And you can leave when you want, not when the Carnival shuttle is leaving.

Jungle Beach Break

Costa Maya, Mexico

• No minimum age
  • Activity Level: Easy icon-help13x13.gif Easy
    May include relaxing or walking short distances over relatively level terrain. Comfortable shoes may be recommended.

• Duration: 5 Hours
  • Experiences: Beach, Family, Party, Swimming

KInd of vague, I was wondering if lunches were included.

It doesn't mention food, so I'm sure food is not included.

Costa Maya is a place easy to do on your own. Just take the cab to Mahajual and find a place to sit on the beach. You can buy food/drinks as you go. Pretty cheap there, really.

The cabs will be lined up at the end of "town" to take you back. I think the cab is $2 there and $3 back (and I'm pretty sure that's pp). Could have gone up some due to gas prices though.

It doesn't mention food, so I'm sure food is not included.

Costa Maya is a place easy to do on your own. Just take the cab to Mahajual and find a place to sit on the beach. You can buy food/drinks as you go. Pretty cheap there, really.

The cabs will be lined up at the end of "town" to take you back. I think the cab is $2 there and $3 back (and I'm pretty sure that's pp). Could have gone up some due to gas prices though.

I'd do as KenMo recommends. Plenty of places to eat along the beach and very reasonable as well.

According to Carnival web site you get, a beach chair. It says a restaurant called Palapa is avail. for added cost. Busses run every 45 mins back to pier.

Cost of $39.99 per adult. I'd get a taxi to the beach before spending this much.

I don't do a lot of ship tours and avoid most of the beach ones. They never give you much time. Most of them are usually short and have you back at the pier really early. You can almost always do a beach on your own by using local transport and/or taxis.

The jungle beach tour includes an open bar but it does not include flood. There is a restaurant but it is an extra cost.

yes that was my experience with jungle beach break in costa maya. I cant remember what it cost, but I thought it was acceptable for a ship bought tour, and the drinks were fine, but you had to go get them, and we were near the bar, so no problem. The restaurant had some decent things at a reasonable price. We only got tortilla chips and guacamole, and that was one of the best guacamoles I have ever had. We had to leave most of it, as our bus back to the ship was there and filling up fast.

In Cozumel, Carnival has a Playa Mia beach break, and you have choice just drinks or drinks and food included. Again for me, I thought it was reasonable price for transportation, beach chair/umbrella, unlimited free drinks ( very good ones ) roaming drink waiters, I only had to go to the bar once. The food was included and was not special, but certainly adequate and nothing to complain about.:)

It may cost $7 for a cab and a family of 3 to get to Marajual - you just have to walk out of the Carnival made shopping enclosure to get a cab. The Carnival excursion wants to get you back to their shopping center so you can spend your money there. I'd rather spend mine in the Mexican fishing village, more authentic, better value. Massage on the beach for $20/25 and snorkel on the reef for whatever you can bargain.

I personally despise the shopping strip malls that Carnival has erected in Costa Maya, Roatan, Cozumel. I'll really hate them when I see American fast food chains included in them.

I do not see any reason to pay Carnival for beach day. All ports that we hae gone to have taxis that for much less money take you to beach and you can leave when you want.

In Roatan we have liked mahagony bay and it is a free walk to the beach with chairs provided at no extra cost.

Any suggestions for rotan and grand cayman?

Carnival does a beach thing in Roatan at Maya Key (used to be called Fins and Flippers). We used to do F&F on our own. It was a short walk to the pier where the F&F boat would take you for a short ride to the beach. We did this everytime in Roatan. But that was when we docked at Coxen Hole.

Carnival now docks at Mohageny Bay. You can only book Maya Key through Carnival. Now sure how nice the place is, crowded or not, since the cruiseline took over.

OTOH, at MB, the beach is right there and it's free to use. I'm sure food and drinks are available, for a price.

Grand Cayman...just take a cab to 7 Mile Beach. The area in front of Royal Palms is good, I've heard.

Archived