Dress Code Rome

Monty'sMomandDad

Well, you could always try this, but I honestly think a fork would work better.

------------------------------------

Ouch! I should have spelled that as "dinner wear," not "dinnerware." Does anyone know if one can rent tuxes on the Equinox? :confused:

-Gene-

i don't know, since i would NEVER cruise that line, but check this site. they handle all the major lines: http://www.cruiselineformal.com/

Thank you for sharing that. I went out to the link website, and it will work for me. I do have my own tux and white dinner jacket, etc., that I have worn on many past cruises, but because of our time in Europe before we board ship, we are trying to limit the luggage we bring along on this cruise, and we would like to eliminate the garment bags if we can. Normally my wife and I each bring a regular suitcase, a garment bag, and a carryon. That's six bags total! This time we would like to get it down to just a regular suitcase and a garment bag. Since there is no DIY laundry onboard, or a place where you can iron clothes, we are looking at options. Rather frustrating on a 2 week cruise, obviously. I met one women years ago at debarkation while looking for our bags, who was shocked when she learned we had 6 bags between us, and when I asked her how many she had, she said, "Just one!" We spent the rest of the trip home trying to figure out how she did it, and what we would have to give up to accomplish the same.

I am open to all suggestions on how others do it.:cool:

-Gene-

Thank you for sharing that. I went out to the link website, and it will work for me. I do have my own tux and white dinner jacket, etc., that I have worn on many past cruises, but because of our time in Europe before we board ship, we are trying to limit the luggage we bring along on this cruise, and we would like to eliminate the garment bags if we can. Normally my wife and I each bring a regular suitcase, a garment bag, and a carryon. That's six bags total! This time we would like to get it down to just a regular suitcase and a garment bag. Since there is no DIY laundry onboard, or a place where you can iron clothes, we are looking at options. Rather frustrating on a 2 week cruise, obviously. I met one women years ago at debarkation while looking for our bags, who was shocked when she learned we had 6 bags between us, and when I asked her how many she had, she said, "Just one!" We spent the rest of the trip home trying to figure out how she did it, and what we would have to give up to accomplish the same.

I am open to all suggestions on how others do it.:cool:

-Gene-

Hi....we go on cruise ships with free launderettes, and wash a week's clothes for the 2nd week.

Jo.

Hi....we go on cruise ships with free launderettes, and wash a week's clothes for the 2nd week.

Jo.

-----------------------

That's a good plan, and we have done that in the past, as well as use their ironing boards to touch up some clothes, but we are sailing on a two week T-A cruise, on Celebrity's "Equinox," which I hear doesn't have a DIY laundrymat. Can anyone confirm this? :confused:

-Gene-

-----------------------

That's a good plan, and we have done that in the past, as well as use their ironing boards to touch up some clothes, but we are sailing on a two week T-A cruise, on Celebrity's "Equinox," which I hear doesn't have a DIY laundrymat. Can anyone confirm this? :confused:

-Gene-

Hi Gene, we'll be on the Equinox a few weeks before you. No, there's no self serve laundry, but when we did a W. Med & TA we just sent out laundry almost every day. We were gone a little over 3 weeks & each took one large suitcase & shared on carry on. Honestly, we still took too much. We'll take less shoes next time.

Hi Gene, we'll be on the Equinox a few weeks before you. No, there's no self serve laundry, but when we did a W. Med & TA we just sent out laundry almost every day. We were gone a little over 3 weeks & each took one large suitcase & shared on carry on. Honestly, we still took too much. We'll take less shoes next time.

-------------------------

That's amazing! So you can have laundry EVERY day on the Equinox? Did the laundry come backed ironed or pressed? How did you do it for 3 weeks?! What did you wear for the formal nights? :confused:

-Gene-

Gene - re tuxes - we just returned from a 7-say Western Caribbean cruise, taking only one 26", one 24" and two carryons (one for electronics). We put the formal wear and most of the smart casual dinner clothese, including my husband's tux in the 24" case. We had more than enough clothes for 7 days, with sending laundry out only once. It came back pressed and folded. I think I will duplicate this packing on our 17-day cruise in October. We do not use garment bags. Pressing services are available on the ship, and careful packing, even of the tux, will avoid most of the wrinkles. Hope this helps. Oh, since it looks like DH might need a sport jacket, perhaps he can carry that on separately.

Archived