Perks of a suite on Eurodam...worth it for two?

flagger

[quote name='Jade13']I just stayed in one. I think it is totally worth it. Note that with HAL you are paying for the Real Estate and Neptune. Neptune is similar to the Club Level you will find in many hotels. You also can have breakfast in the Pinnacle Grille.

HAL does not have the perks that Celebrity is starting to add for Suite guests, such as reserved seating in the theater, etc.

OK, if you don't care about the Real Estate it might not be worth the extra money.[/quote]

It would be nice if HAL did this :D:D this is a cost nothing perk that would add value to a lot suites (admittedly not Sails ;)) I'd like it:)

[quote name='kazu']It would be nice if HAL did this :D:D this is a cost nothing perk that would add value to a lot suites (admittedly not Sails ;)) I'd like it:)[/QUOTE]

NCL does this also for those that book Owners Suites and above.

We have to echo what everyone has written about the enjoyment of the deluxe suite. We were on the Eurodam in March having had an upsell to an SA the week we sailed. The concierges, Bien and Shar, were amazingly helpful and enjoyable! We, too, took our insulated mugs to the Neptune Lounge every morning, returning to the cabin with smoked salmon, fresh fruit, bagels, pastries and more. We also were grateful for the fact that Shar was able to arrange the same table for two by the window for 7:30 every evening in the MDR, even though the guy at the MDR door the first night told us that would not be possible.

Now my regret, especially after reading all your notes above: when our cruise was interrupted in March by my spouse's bout with pneumonia and a brief hospitalization on the ship, we promised ourselves a make-up cruise which will be this July on the Oosterdam to Alaska. Unfortunately, since this is our 3rd cruise in 12 months, we couldn't swing the cost of another deluxe suite and we have a VH gty. If you all are right about never being able to go back, we're in trouble, but we're trying to be optimistic and believe this cabin will go all the places all the other cabins on the ship are going. We will have a a balcony (possibly with steel rather than plexiglass :() and we can spend lots of time in the Crows Nest which we love! :)

:) As another poster said, deluxe suites are addictive. We had an
SC on the Eurodam and loved it. Although the SC was not on the same deck as the Neptune like the SA's, we made good use of the lounge. Nice quiet place to relax and enjoy good coffee. Concierge was wonderful, she did everything for us.

The free laundry was great. Always back by next day, sometimes same day. We were on a Celebrity cruise recently and their suites did not have complimentary laundry. We were shocked at how much things cost.

We are going on a 14 day in January and know we will make good use of the laundry service. We are using anytime dining for the first time and hope the concierge can help avoid waits and get us tables for 2 in the MDR.

Very nice having a larger room and dressing area. You don't feel like you are constantly on top of each other. Just remember, they are highly addictive - LOL.:)

We just got back from the Eurodam, in an SA a few doors away from the Neptune, and I am having a hard time adjusting to real life again :)

The size of the room. The size of the veranda. The priority tendering. Breakfast at the Pinnacle is excellent. The snacks and coffee machine in the Neptune. Our room steward Sri, always one step ahead of us. Fruit bowl of our favorites. Meeting the upper level staff at the suite parties (more fun than I expected!). The nice plush towels, good sheets and little slippers. The laundry and shoe shine. Lint brush and umbrella in the closet. Easy disembarkation (rather sad, but convenient ;)). The king size bed and the PILLOWS :D

Everyone was so kind and helpful, we had such a great time, the hook is set ;)

[quote name='Typhoon1']Live the Suite life once, and you will always want to cruise in a Suite.[/quote]

Sad but true:) I've been trying to talk dh out of it for the next cruise - but just isn't working:eek:

[quote name='erewhon']The Deluxe Suites are truely addictive.
We have found the conceirges to always be very helpful.[/quote]

I cant wait! We are booked on the Eurodam, Nov 10, in 4176!! Curious to see how they compare to the Penthouse suites on NCL...

[quote name='detroit70'] ... Unfortunately, since this is our 3rd cruise in 12 months, we couldn't swing the cost of another deluxe suite and we have a VH gty. If you all are right about never being able to go back, we're in trouble, but we're trying to be optimistic and believe this cabin will go all the places all the other cabins on the ship are going. We will have a a balcony (possibly with steel rather than plexiglass :() and we can spend lots of time in the Crows Nest which we love! :)[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="4"]I hope I can make you feel better about "moving down". We sailed in the Deluxe Suites from our first HAL cruise through our ninth. On our 10th cruise, we needed to be more careful about spending and chose a regular Verandah cabin for a 14 day stretch. The first few days we really DID trip all over each other, and we weren't very happy ... but then we sort of settled in and were surprised to find that things were working out just fine. The thing I actually missed most was the separate dressing room - where I could make a mess with my curling iron and makeup. But I even got used to doing without that.

We've been fortunate to have had full suites ever since that one, but if it were a matter of cruising or staying home - I'd grab that regular verandah without hesitation. And the best part? Crew treats you like royalty no matter WHAT your cabin might be. [/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='GmaPajama'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]
We've been fortunate to have had full suites ever since that one, but if it were a matter of cruising or staying home - I'd grab that regular verandah without hesitation. And the best part? Crew treats you like royalty no matter WHAT your cabin might be. [/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

I couldn't agree with you more. One cruise we booked last minute, the only cabin left was an inside. We booked it and had a wonderful time.

[quote name='nonnudie']Ok.. I was told by the TA that HAL is more of a senior cruise. We are looking at the Eurodam in the Caribbean November 2012. Only problem is they are only booking SC cabins as a guarantee...[/quote]

Not a senior cruise at all. We are 32 and 33.

We were told that at first, we were told we would hate it, we went with a diff TA.

We are now working our way quickly to being 3 star Mariners. Who would have thought? (we still feel like noobies, always so much more to learn)...

The wine policy, the suite perks, Tamarind and Canaletto and the cabanas on the Eurodam are really why we sail HAL.

Book the SC, cant go wrong... You will prob end up with an SA, as there are only 6 SC...

We just got back from the Rotterdam where we had a deluxe verandah suite for the first time. We loved, and took full advantage of, the extra room and the oversized balcony. We also loved and took advantage of the free laundry service.

As for the other benefits, they were mostly lost on us. The Neptune lounge is an inside area with no view ... after a few minutes I wanted to be out of there and find a place where I could watch the incredible scenery around us (Norway Fjords cruise). The food in there wasn't special and besides, we were completely stuffed most of the time as none of us are used to three full meals a day. None of us drink coffee so the famous machine was lost on us. We didn't have need for the concierge all week but it was nice when they put a sign and balloons on our door for our 20-year-old's birthday.

We did have breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill twice and I don't think I'd bother with that again. The first time I was alone and tried it because I happened to be there. I was seated at one of the tables near a window, which open onto the hallway, and felt like I was eating in a fishbowl as people walked by and looked in. The second time all three of us ate there on disembarkation day; the service was slow, slow, slow and the food was tepid when it arrived. I was not impressed.

We didn't arrive at the ship until almost two hours after they started embarkation so everyone walked right on, no suite boarding benefit necessary. As for disembarkation, we left when they called "everyone off" and stood in the crowd with everyone else.

Bottom line, we loved the suite for the space and the laundry and would do it again if the price was right (it was only $500 more for the first two of us in the room for this cruise).

Archived