Smugglers Beware!

monicajay

For those planning on picking up a little something to bring on their cruise, be warned that on Sundays in Florida you can't buy beer, wine or liquor until noon. We got a good laugh as the taxis were lined up in front of Total Wine with meters ticking and some very frustrated people.

We too had to do a bit of a race as we had booked a 12h30 shuttle leaving from the Hyatt Place North. When we found the Total wine hours we tried to change for a later one but they were booked up till much later. Grabbed the goods at 2 minutes past noon. Ran back to hotel. Prepared goods for embarkation :p. Then zoomed down, checked out and still made our shuttle in time.

I would like to say how easy it was to bring alcohol onboard in FLL , at least on RCI , the only ones to scan my carry on on the way in was homeland security and they were not looking for alcohol , I had beer left over from our pre stay and some whiskey so i through it in my Carry on figured what the heck and it went right through. Go figure.

! Was just going to say the same thing. Not every line prohibits bringing alcohol onboard so your title is somewhat misleading. :p

Yes, but like newspaper headlines you are more likely to read it ;). Which cruise lines allow vodka and rum as this was what most cruisers were buying.

I was allowed to buy wine on a Sunday morning at 8 am in Miami at CVS so maybe it differs by county. I asked the hotel staff about it on Saturday night and they looked at me like I was crazy to even ask.

In Indiana, we are not allowed to purchase any alcohol at all on Sundays....that's why someone will drink nasty beer on a Sunday if that is all someone has left....we call it Sunday beer - take whatever you can get on Sundays if you forget to buy some on Saturday!

Before Sunday shopping came into effect here we had to get creative on Sundays. The local breweries often opened so we had to go there and had to resort to drinking only their brand of beer. A few taxi drivers offered ran little bootleg businesses out of their trunks so you could call them if you were desperate. It was expensive though - and illegal of course.

! Was just going to say the same thing. Not every line prohibits bringing alcohol onboard so your title is somewhat misleading. :p

I think there is a general prohibition against beer and liquor but wine varies by cruise lines. And some check more carefully than others. What would be the kicker is for someone to get stuck waiting past noon to buy booze and then having it confiscated before boarding.:eek: So check your cruise line's policy and the associated crusie line boards here to see who's getting what through where.

Archived