Transfer from fll to P. O. M

Shipbound

I've taken both Carnival xfers and SAS. With Carnival you will be staged until enough people have arrived in the baggage claim area. The transfers are twice the amount for SAS. $30 each way for Carnival, $15 for SAS. Up to you.

If you are flying in the day of, and use Carnival's transfer, does anyone know if there are traffic issues, etc., if Carnival would hold the ship for their own transfer van??...( As opposed to an outside agency's, for which I know they don't).

We booked airfare first, not even planning a cruise, because a new airline was offering a too good to pass up special...( $350 TOTAL R/T for 3 of us)...We've booked a Sat.-Sat. ticket originally thinking we'd book a Mon-Fri cruise, but are now considering a Sat. departure one...Our flight arrives in FLL over an hour before the last Carnival transport would depart, so we're good there...But concerned about the trip to the ship in regards to traffic, which is why we're considering using Carnival's transfer service.

At what time do the busses leave from FLL to Port Of Miami, my flight arrives at 10:50 am.

On our first cruise, we used the Carnival transfer. (I did not know about Cruise Critic back then. Silly me!) When we retrieved our luggage, a Carnival employee directed us to a white box truck. We gave our bags to the driver and were told that we had to wait for the bus to fill up before it would leave for the ship. We ended up waiting in the airport for over two hours.

Since then, we have uses taxis when flying in to the port city or SAS when flying into FLL for a Miami cruise. BTW, it's less than half an hour ride from FLL to the Port of Miami

If you are flying in the day of, and use Carnival's transfer, does anyone know if there are traffic issues, etc., if Carnival would hold the ship for their own transfer van??...( As opposed to an outside agency's, for which I know they don't).

We booked airfare first, not even planning a cruise, because a new airline was offering a too good to pass up special...( $350 TOTAL R/T for 3 of us)...We've booked a Sat.-Sat. ticket originally thinking we'd book a Mon-Fri cruise, but are now considering a Sat. departure one...Our flight arrives in FLL over an hour before the last Carnival transport would depart, so we're good there...But concerned about the trip to the ship in regards to traffic, which is why we're considering using Carnival's transfer service.

What time is your flight due in? Are you sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale or Miami?

What time is your flight due in? Are you sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale or Miami?

Flight arrives @ 1pm at FLL...We'd be cruising out of MIA.

And yes we know it would be cutting it close, but as I said we scored these airline tics at a very cheap price and at this point are just considering booking a cruise for that same day, if we think we can make it...Also, it is a non-stop flight so no layovers...Carnival's site says the latest a flight should arrive @ FLL to use their service is 2pm...It was after I read that, that I began to think of actually booking a departure on that day.

And yes we know it would be cutting it close, but as I said we scored these airline tics at a very cheap price and at this point are just considering booking a cruise for that same day, if we think we can make it...Also, it is a non-stop flight so no layovers...Carnival's site says the latest a flight should arrive @ FLL to use their service is 2pm...It was after I read that, that I began to think of actually booking a departure on that day.

You can reserve the SAS shuttle online and for 2 people it will be $45 which still beats the Carnival rate of $30/pp and they will be there waiting and whisk you right to the port. It only takes 40 minutes or so to get to POM.

Any way you can travel with carryon's only......that would help, though it only took about 20 minutes to retrieve our bags at FLL last week, it's really not a very big airport.

To bad you didn't opt for a Sat to Sat out of FLL, you can see the ships from the airport.

I honestly don't know if Carnival would hold the ship for those using their shuttle service but not flying in through their air service. My understanding is that passengers have to be on the ship 90 minutes before sail away.

The good news is that Miami is less than a half hour ride from FLL.

If I was in your situation, I would make reservations with SAS (http://www.ridesas.com). We used them back in November. We were told to call the shuttle driver upon retrieval of our luggage. But the driver called my cell phone as soon as the plane landed. He was waiting outside for us and off we went.

Best wishes.

Archived