Earliest train from Barcelona to Figueres

jarz85

Hi we are on the Epic's TA crossing and the ship is scheduled to get to Barcelona at 5am. We want to take the train to Paris in the first class seats but I'm not able to book a train from Barcelona - Paris. The leg from Barcelona to Figueres (about 2 hour trip) doesn't have first class (its like the public train), therefore the website (raileurope dot com dot au) wont show the option to book.

There are 2 trains from Figueres to Paris... one departs at 11:06am (arrive Paris 441pm) and the other departs 3:02pm (arrives Paris 840pm). Ideally we'd love to catch the early train. To make the 11:06am train we would need to catch the 7:16am, 8:16am or 8:22am train from Barcelona. Are any of these makeable from the Port? I believe the train station is only 10 minutes?? or so away from the Port? Is it best to take a taxi or is there a bus or something? Will the taxi drivers be mad with a short fare??

Ugh.. I'm rambling.. long story short

Whats the earliest train we can catch from Barcelona? Thanks heaps

Have you looked on the Spain train web site which is called Renfe??

http://www.renfe.com/EN/viajeros/index.html

The link is in English so you can see all trains.IF you click on the individual train it will show the stations.

I don't know the date of your travels but I found a Trenhotel which goes overnight from Barcelona to the Paris/Austerlitz station. The stop in Barcelona is at the Franca station near the port.

The trains to Figueres have some that are regional which leave from the Sants Station but also stop at the Passeig de Gracia station.

There is a faster Estrella train(star) which only stops at Sants but will have 1st/2nd class etc.

RailEurope is a reseller which usually charges higher prices than the local train companies.

First train is (11h06 FIGUERES VILAFANT - 16h41 PARIS GARE DE LYON), second (15h02 FIGUERES VILAFANT - 20h41 PARIS GARE DE LYON)

RENFE is running 2 special trains from Barcelona Sants to FIGUERES VILAFANT to feed into these TGV trains. Cost: 23.50 euro.

00211 ENLACE INT. Incidencia 09.00 10.42 1 h. 42 min.

00219 ENLACE INT. Incidencia 13.00 14.40 1 h. 40 min.

Note that FIGUERES VILAFANT & FIGUERES stations are not the same thing. FIGUERES VILAFANT is a new station for HS trains. Trains to FIGUERES are quite often. So with 5am docking you have lots of time. Taxi from cruise dock to Sants station is around 15 min and 15 to 18 euros. You can buy this ticket (FIGUERES VILAFANT- PARIS) from http://www.tgv-europe.es Prices start at 70.80 euro pp, first class is 127.50. Also in Barcelona Sants.

Hi we are on the Epic's TA crossing and the ship is scheduled to get to Barcelona at 5am. We want to take the train to Paris in the first class seats but I'm not able to book a train from Barcelona - Paris. The leg from Barcelona to Figueres (about 2 hour trip) doesn't have first class (its like the public train), therefore the website (raileurope dot com dot au) wont show the option to book.

There are 2 trains from Figueres to Paris... one departs at 11:06am (arrive Paris 441pm) and the other departs 3:02pm (arrives Paris 840pm). Ideally we'd love to catch the early train. To make the 11:06am train we would need to catch the 7:16am, 8:16am or 8:22am train from Barcelona. Are any of these makeable from the Port? I believe the train station is only 10 minutes?? or so away from the Port? Is it best to take a taxi or is there a bus or something? Will the taxi drivers be mad with a short fare??

Ugh.. I'm rambling.. long story short

Whats the earliest train we can catch from Barcelona? Thanks heaps

Another note; there are 2 (w/ a 3rd under construction) major train stations in Barcelona; Sants; Franca (quite near the port); and a new one under construction which will be the end of the HS line from Paris.

Make a note of where your train leaves from....

Archived