Pizza Delivery Charge?

Heard a rumor recently on the Carnival Glory Bloggers Cruise last week that Carnival is looking into charging for pizza delivery to your stateroom at $5.00 per whole pizza.

Would you be prepared to pay this charge? Thoughts? Comments?

I just wouldn't pay it - I'd get off my lazy butt and walk up to the pizza place to get my own pizza.

Maybe a bunch of kids were ordering pizza to their cabins, just because they can? I can definitely see that being a problem especially with kids that are in separate cabins from their parents.

I wouldn't since we can do a Pizza crawl and bring it to the cabin but it is an interesting concept. The difference being ordering a whole pizza versus grabbing a piece. All they can do is try and see if it sells for some who want a whole one.

I suspect it may fail before getting started but ya never know.

Did you hear that ? It was the sound of a troll posting to John Heald that

CC is saying pizza is now $5 ( $10 with anchovies) and they are never going to cruise Carnival again.

Heald will then say he loves CC but we are all idiots and no ,there will be no delivery charges.

or are I being a tad cynical? :rolleyes:

Hmmm... I didn't even know you could have pizza delivered to your cabin. :o

Shhh! Don't tell hubby! That will be one less excuse I can use to leave the cabin while he gets our little one ready for bed! ;)

I just wouldn't pay it - I'd get off my lazy butt and walk up to the pizza place to get my own pizza.

Maybe a bunch of kids were ordering pizza to their cabins, just because they can? I can definitely see that being a problem especially with kids that are in separate cabins from their parents.

You can order pizza slices through room service?

I think it's a great option. I don't think you can get pizza delivered currently to your room - if you did, it's probably what they serve off the kids menu and not what is served on the Lido.

RCL is now offering this option.

They charged for pizza delivery on the NCL Epic. Honestly, $5 isn't too bad for a whole pizza, but I would probably walk to the lido and get my own. My kids would LOVE to have it delivered, and I would probably let them at least once, as I did on the Epic. :)

I'm sure some people would pay for it. Personally i will walk to the pizza station and pick mine up. I will also pick yours up for $3.00 delivery if you are on same deck as i am...:)

I will do it for $ 2.50.icon7.gif

Heard a rumor recently on the Carnival Glory Bloggers Cruise last week that Carnival is looking into charging for pizza delivery to your stateroom at $5.00 per whole pizza.

$5?

when i can get a whole meal served to me for less than $2?

ripoff, and hope it's a false rumor (besides no knowing they even offered this option).

As per John there is absolutely no truth to this rumor.

Forget about it. It's a dead issue.

Did you hear that ? It was the sound of a troll posting to John Heald that

CC is saying pizza is now $5 ( $10 with anchovies) and they are never going to cruise Carnival again.

Heald will then say he loves CC but we are all idiots and no ,there will be no delivery charges.

or are I being a tad cynical? :rolleyes:

I would say what I think might be going on but my thread got me a lot of criticism on here a few weeks ago.

As per John there is absolutely no truth to this rumor.

Forget about it. It's a dead issue.

I just loves the rumors........... I heard that they will be charging you electricty rates based upon what you use during your cruise....:cool: Never gets boring around here.

I am from NY and know good pizza. For good pizza would pay an extra 5 bucks in general. For the stuff that the cruise lines pass off as pizza would not pay at all.

However garlic bread and caesar salad is excellent.

Same. No problem with it but I wouldn't pay it.

I am betting cruiselines are a lot like many hotels: If you call room service and tell them you have a $20 bill waiting for them they will make you just about anything you ask for.

Anybody ever try this? I used to work as a cook at a hotel and people would do this and I would make them whatever they wanted and split the cash with whoever made the delivery.

Archived