upgrade fairy contact

who does the "fairy" contact if you booked through a large TA? I have tried to unmark automatic upgrade but can't-have a perfect D2 on hump and do not want a D1 far from the elevators-but would of,course take a JS(O: who do I talk to? The cruise is 6 wks. out and we are D+....

You have make that request through your TA so that a notation be added to your booking file that you do not want your selected cabin changed. That is if you don't want to take a chance on a poor upgrade. IMO you can't specify what upgrade you will accept but I may be wrong on this matter.

who does the "fairy" contact if you booked through a large TA? I have tried to unmark automatic upgrade but can't-have a perfect D2 on hump and do not want a D1 far from the elevators-but would of,course take a JS(O: who do I talk to? The cruise is 6 wks. out and we are D+....

You will be called directly by someone from RCI if there are upgrades available for your cruise and you are eligible.

I can't imagine that a D1 would be considered an upgrade from a D2. The size is the same.

With automatic upgrade checked, I can't imagine why they'd call you. That's the whole point of having the ability to request automatic upgrades. The minimum upgrade from any D would be a JS - that's what I believe anyway for what it's worth. ( I guess on the newer monster ships there may be other categories but I'm thinking of normal ships. :rolleyes: )

Gina

Nope, the minimum upgrade from a D2 is a D1, regardless of location.

The minimum upgrade from a D1 is JS, regardless of location ie hump D1 to a deck 6 JS, a downgrade IMHO.

I'd take any JS location over any D location any day. And to me a D2 is better than a D1 because a D2 doesn't have the soft and sunken sofa bed with cushions that sometimes slide forward. It seems they just charge more for the D1 in most cases because it holds more than 2 people - making it a worse room to me. I'd rather not be beside a D1 either since it's more likely to have kids in it. :o

I do have mid hump D1s B2B for Australia but if they moved either leg to a JS, I'd gladly hand over the hump. I prefer a larger everything, especially bathroom and closet, to a hump.

Gina

Archived