Is there a public bus from MIA to Port of Miami?

sable1

We want to take the public bus or Metro from the airport to the port area on April 26.

I am not sure if a bus goes into the docking area, though.

Can someone local help me out?

Would like to know bus numbers, transfer points and final destination which is closest to the dock.

We have all morning for this process and one roll-aboard each, so not encumbered with lots of luggage.

Last year we walked out of the port to catch a bus to Vizcaya, but am now wondering if there is a bus that goes into the port area.

Thanks for your help.

Joanne

You can take the Airport Flyer to the Metrorail Station then transfer to another bus.

If you click on my link, the information is in the very begining.

Maybe someone else can tell you if there is a direct bus to the port.

Worst case, you can take a bus downtown and transfer. Good luck!

Miami has a reconfigured bus to port.I never could figure where to catch it. But it doesnt connect from the Airport Flyer to South Beach. Google Miamidadegovernment. com. They are very helpful on phone also.The flat rate from MIA airport is $24 for up to 4 personswhich is really a bargain compared to taking buses all morning with luggage.

If you are arriving at MIA early on a red-eye from California I suggest that you take a free shuttle to one of the nicer hotels near the airport (Embassy Suites, Hilton, Homewood Suites, etc.), ask them to watch/store your bags (tip appropriately) while you enjoy a long, relaxing breakfast and maybe a mimosa or two :D, and then cab to POM.

Sounds much nicer to me than carrying bags all over Miami on a bus. :cool: Good luck! :)

Archived