New Platinum/Diamond Top Tier Event - What did you think?

Voyager 2/20/11 sailing - New Platinum/Diamond Top Tier Event.

Bottom Line: We were very impressed. It was very nice. Drinks and Hors D'oeuvres. Attached is the menu/program. We think RCI treats past cruisers very special.

Sad Note: We were sitting next to some very rude Diamond/Diamond Plus cruisers who actually said they were just there to criticize the new event. They were very condescending to the wait staff, making fun of them and saying they were there to report for Cruise Critic and would be critiquing the food and the whole event for CC. They took photos of the servers and told them the food wasn't passing their approval and telling them they would be putting their pics on CC. Very very rude. They left as soon as they got a few pics without actually experiencing the event. We enjoyed it and felt sorry for the very nice servers who smiled and politely offered them more food and drinks.

The Voyager has the best crew and staff ever. Extremely friendly. We were made to feel special by RCI every day of our cruise and we are just Platinum, now Emerald. We went home rethinking all of our booked Carnival cruises!

Thanks RCI for a great time.

a%3EPlatinumDiamondCulinary.jpg

PlatinumDiamondCulinary.jpg

We were on the Voyager 1/30/11--thought the new Top Tier Event was very nice but didn't care for the timing of the event (2nd Formal night & Lobster night). Since the event was before our dining time didn't try any Hors D'oeuvres & drinks were hard to come by. Much preferred the Top Tier Luncheon they held in the past on the last sea day--the food was always great, wine flowed freely & really enjoyed having a staff member at the table. That being said--it is always nice when they recognize their Top Tier Cruisers & we appreciate any special functions that are provided.

We were on Oasis 2/19 and then B2B on Allure 2/27 & 3/6 - the "top tier events" were all held in the theatre - two small card tables with some nibblies - waiters strolled up and down the main aisles with champagne and fruit drinks - drinks needed to be passed down the rows of seats - it was a mess!!!! Maybe the mega ships can't cater a party like the smaller ones. The Voyager party and menu would be a great enhancement as would the nice luncheons mentioned. I will have to wait until November to see if the new top tier event made it to Adventure of the Seas.

We were on Adventure in January and the Top Tier event was the cocktail party on the 2nd formal night. It was in between both dinners.

In September on Radiance, it was a luncheon with an appetizer, 3 main course offerings and desert along with champagne and mimosas.

They don't. We are just off the Brilliance and weren't invited to this event.

Our invitations were for the feneral welcome back party and champagne breakfast.

We are now Emerald but Platinum on our March 6 Voyager of the Seas cruise. We did not get an invitation until we went to the Customer Service desk and they had it delivered. It was in the Daily Review but we knew you had to have the invitation to get in! So perhaps the same thing happened. I don't believe they are leaving out the Emerald, just old papers that don't have the name on them yet as it does not have the highest level on it either.:cool:

We're just little ol' Emeralds now - and none of it matters to us.

Don't get me wrong, we're very appreciative of everything RCCL does, it's all very nice. But we're so happy to be back on the ship each time, we don't need a welcome back party - we're practically carrying pom-poms as we embark. :D

Apparently each ship is different. Just back

from 5 B2Bs on Majesty. The top tier event

was usually in the middle of the day prior to us

docking at Nassau. Very nice, drinks flowed as

well as champagne. Musicians played and people

were dancing and having fun.

I just have one comment that I will probably get

flamed for but here goes: Whatever RCCL gives

its top cruisers is a gift and should be viewed that

way. They can take all of this away at any given

moment, including CL privileges. Instead of complaining,

people should enjoy the events and be grateful for them.

We are now Emerald but Platinum on our March 6 Voyager of the Seas cruise. We did not get an invitation until we went to the Customer Service desk and they had it delivered. It was in the Daily Review but we knew you had to have the invitation to get in! So perhaps the same thing happened. I don't believe they are leaving out the Emerald, just old papers that don't have the name on them yet as it does not have the highest level on it either.:cool:

The same thing happened to us on the 3/6 sailing. We saw it posted in the Compass so we knew to ask. We were Emerald at the time.

Agree and we should continue to sail on their ships and promote RCI to our friends so they continue to make money and be able to provide these perks for us.

I agree with you! I don't know how many events we have been to where the people around us are complaining about the food or the champagne or the entertainment. I try to ignore them and have a great time anyways since I appreciate that RCCL does anything for us!!

docking at Nassau.

I am still in wonderment over FIVE passenger visits to Nassau in a row/twice a week. :D:):D

Archived