Royal Caribbean -New Alcoholic Beverage Packages

Elizanessie

Does anyone know if this package has to be booked for the total number of

days or perhaps not include port days?

Also will it include the mixer ie vodka and coke or vodka only?

thanks,

Barbara

It has to be for total days of the sailing.

Yes your mixer will be included.

Ally you honestly cannot compare Costa to Royal Caribbean...its like apples to oranges in my opinion.

Thank you for the Costa prices but no matter that Costa drinks appear cheaper...I will stick with Royal Caribbean for my cruises & drinks :D

Maybe you are missing something by not trying Royal Caribbean :D

It is nice though that not everyone cruises with the same cruiseline...it helps give cruisers different opinions/options.

I am not even going to suggest you try any other line Liz since you are happy with RCI as your choice. That was not my intention at all.

I just thought that the two line's drink prices are gulfs apart...I have problems figuring out why there is such a huge difference when intrinsically they are identical packages using identical drink types/makes etc.

But then I could never ever afford RCI anyway...least not as a solo..their single supplements are astronomical compared to Costa.

So it is swings & roundabouts really.....which is why there are so many different lines to choose from, all with their good & bad points...and when you find the one for you, well its like that pair of old comfy slippers...you cannot bear to be parted :)

If only one out of a couple bought say the $29 package how would they know if you bought yourself a Beer in one bar and wandered off around the ship and bought your partner a Glass of Wine in another bar! assuming you were on your own that is when you purchased them!

rccl announcement today.

as an enhancement to royal caribbean international’s beverage program, we are excited to announce the launch of three beverage package options, giving our guests a no-hassle way to enjoy an all-inclusive beverage experience during their cruise holiday

beverage packages are only available to book onboard on the following ships:

independence of the seas – available from 14th march 2011

grandeur of the seas - available from 13th march 2011

legend of the seas – available from 14th march 2011

our customers will be able to enjoyable paying one set price for a wide variety of beverage choices

beer package: in this package customers can enjoy all beer brands onboard, by draft, can or bottle and house wines by the glass. Price: $29.00 per guest, per day

classic package: in the package customers can enjoy all of the benefits of the beer package as well as a list of spirits; brand names include smirnoff, beefeater and johnny walker and cocktails using the selected spirits available. Price $39.00 per guest, per day.

premium package: in the package customers can enjoy all of the benefits of the classic package as well as a list of premium spirits; brand names include absolute, bombay sapphire and johnny walker black and cocktails using the selected spirits available. Price $49.00 per guest, per day.

all above prices include gratuities and are based on per guest per day basis.

link

I say, it's about time. I also say let the cruiser decide for him or herself if it makes economical sense to purchase the package. I'm only sorry that it is not offered on all sailings. Sure will make selling cruises easier vs. all inclusives. You will know your costs ahead of time.

I think it's about time they did this for all cruise lines and ships. I to am sick of all those little slips of paper. People that are going to drink will drink anyway, it's just more convenient for us. i would rather pay the fee up front at the start of my cruise and get it over with. One less thing to try to keep track of. Come on Princess and Carnival!

Wondering if this offer will encourage increased alcohol consumption by those that decide to purchase these booze packages? I realize that alcohol sales contribute to the bottom line for RCCL, but do you really want a "Booze Cruise" atmosphere to exist for your passengers?

I enjoy a drink before dinner and don't mind paying for that privilege......but don't wish to cruise with a ship full of drunks!

Sounds like great news - but is this deal only available to the card holder -

or could I buy a drink for a friend or acquaintance using the same card?;)

hi , my name is molli and im a TA in virginia, i have been doing to all inclusive plan with carnival for years and its works out very nicely, you have a separate card for the all inclusive program and you are NOT to use it to buy drinks for guests that dont have one, or they will confiscate the card, as it is not fair to those that paid their $. also it is good for soda and bottled water, vitiamin water and a fine red and white wine with dinner everynight , its a great program and im hosting my next all inclusive cruise in november

November last year we sailed with Thomson who offer a drinks package like this which worked out very good for us.

We have 2 cruises over the coming weeks which are booked with RCI, however after sailing Thomson, the drinks package was enough for us to say that we would book all our future cruises with Thomson as it was much better value for money with the drinks, and this worked out loads better for us.

If RCI do introduce this drinks package in the destinations we like to visit, then RCI will return to being our first choice of Cruise Line to book on.

It's definately a good idea.

I think this is just too expensive.

If I buy even the $29 basic ("beer") package on the 11-night cruise - that's about $290 per person or $580 for two (unless we spend all week trying to beat the system by sharing one package).

Compare to the cost of a wine package 10 bottles for $240 + 15%.

This is like buying two wines packages - 20 bottles. We would have to drink a bottle of wine everyday each just to break even. And this basic package is only the house wine.

$580 is £400. I don't spend that on alcohol in a whole year and I'm not exactly tee-total (maybe just cheap)!

I have travelled on Celebrity as a matter if fact have 2 cruises booked. The Beverage Pkg for me is a good deal. I am a wine only drinker and it is nice to debark from the ship knowing my wine has been paid for. When I book a cruise, I make a point of paying for the Beverage Pkg. before I leave. Being Canadian, it is worhwhile.

Given the "rip-off" prices that we were charged on IotS in October I would be more that happy to pay for a "package". I like a drink (I like lots of drinks!) so this would save me a lot of money.

We are booked on Liberty for October and i wish it became available on her too.

Great Idea!

I wish they would offer it on all of their ships. Our bar bill is always high. We are on vacation and don't have to drive. I like the bubbly and we have wine at dinner and depending on tablemates we normally share and that ends of being a couple of bottles easily. A couple of drinks during the say, during a show, and in the clubs. They add up.

I do not remember the year, but they did have a drink package a number of years ago. You recieved a card and they would punch the card after you got your drink. It could be beer, wine, mixed drink. I thought it was between 35 and 40 dollars. I think you could get 10 drinks. I also think premium liquors were not part of the package..

I do hope that they ultimately implement this on all ships. I think it is a great deal for those who like to drink while on vacation, and the three options do seem reasonably priced. Please adopt this program RCI!

Archived