Can I bring a small fan?

I don't see a fan on the list of things you cannot bring aboard, but I read somewhere that someone's fan was confiscated.

Do you know if I can bring a small fan or if they will take it?

Thanks.

You'll be fine. As a matter of fact, thanks for reminding me that I need to get a battery operated one. I told myself I was going to get one of those clip on ones for the gym. It's gets REALLY hot on that treadmill.

I don't see a fan on the list of things you cannot bring aboard, but I read somewhere that someone's fan was confiscated.

Do you know if I can bring a small fan or if they will take it?

Thanks.

I have taken a 6" electric fan on several cruises.....I want moving air! In Feb I got to learn about "the naughty room" on Voyager and my fan was confiscated......returned the last night. :mad: So I would have to say that it depends on the ship.....

I have taken a 6" electric fan on several cruises.....I want moving air! In Feb I got to learn about "the naughty room" on Voyager and my fan was confiscated......returned the last night. :mad: So I would have to say that it depends on the ship.....

If it's an electric one, that might be a problem (overheating, etc.). But, a battery operated one would not be a problem.

we had our fan confiscated on our feb cruise on the voyager- told them my husband needed it for medical reason (stage 4 cancer) they had the electrical dept ck the fan and gave it back to us- but not the extension cords- our attandant was a sweety and found an extension cord for us.

this is the first time we have had an issue with the fan - we cruised in november on the seranade and had no problems.

In January, we bought a small fan at Walgreens that could be run by either battery or electric while we were docked in Key West and it was confiscated getting back on the ship.

If it was a problem with being electric, I wonder what makes the difference? Anyone know? We take other electrical items, such as curling irons, shavers, etc. Maybe curling irons will be next on the disallowed list. Yikes! I don't want to return to the days of sleeping in hair rollers! LOL Anyone else old enough to remember that torture?

Archived