Balcony room and main dining rooms for breakfast

keegsgrammy

We've cruised on the NCL Spirit before and had a balcony, after we returned we heard that if you have a balcony room you could eat in one of the main dining rooms for breakfast, but if you had an oceanview you couldn't...is this true...if so does this also apply to the Dawn. Any replies would be appreciated. :p:)

When I was on the Spirit about two years ago, they did indeed open the 2nd MDR for balcony+ passengers at breakfast (the main MDR was open to everyone). But I don't recall seeing that on any other NCL ship. And, of course, I can't say whether they are still doing that on the Spirit.

we sailed the spirit last year and went in the mdr for breakfast they never asked for a cabin number. We found that if we wanted a quick grab and go we used the buffet but if we had more time the mdr - especially when you disembark - the mdr is great and not as full.

We were just on the Spirit in November. The MDR (Windows) was open for breakfast regardless of cabin category. This was our 4th sailing on the Spirit in 4 years and I never recall the Garden dining room being open for anything except dinner.

Cagney's is used for suite and VIP passengers for breakfast.

Charlie

Hi- This was about a year ago, but on the sky there are two MDRs and one is reserved for balcony and up. Not sure if there was much difference in the two in the mornings, but we enjoyed breakfast (balcony cabin). We are not a bug fan of the fight it out buffet line in the am.

I don't understand why this would cause anyone any confusion for anyone.

On every single cruise I have been on, every open restaurant's hours were listed in the Freestyle Daily...for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and other snacking.

Since any cruiser can easily check the Freestyle Daily for restaurant openings and hours....why would there ever be any confusion as to what places are available at a given meal?

I don't understand why this would cause anyone any confusion for anyone.

On every single cruise I have been on, every open restaurant's hours were listed in the Freestyle Daily...for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and other snacking.

Since any cruiser can easily check the Freestyle Daily for restaurant openings and hours....why would there ever be any confusion as to what places are available at a given meal?

OP heard it as a rumor after their cruise. It is entirely possible that the use of the Garden was not in the Daily but given as a note to balcony passengers in their cabin. Just like the use of Cagney's for the suite passengers is not listed in the daily.

Charlie

OP heard it as a rumor after their cruise. It is entirely possible that the use of the Garden was not in the Daily but given as a note to balcony passengers in their cabin. Just like the use of Cagney's for the suite passengers is not listed in the daily.

Charlie

Where do you start? :confused:

What is more relevent, the actual daily published restaurant schedule given to you on your cruise, or some "rumor" you heard once your cruise was over?

Seriously...if your cruise was over, why would you even care...at that point..what time what restaurant was open? It isn't like you can go back and eat again.

And if certain restaurants are only available for certain passengers who are notified of that (as you indicated) then either a cruiser DID or DID NOT get a notification. If you don't receive the notification...DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT.

Seems relatively simple to me.

Just check your daily. Eat where you want when the restaurant is open and available to you. Once you are home, you can't eat there until your next cruise...at which time you can simply go to your new Daily.

Last year on the Spirit, we had an oceanview cabin. We had breakfast in both venues, buffet or MDR, depending on our schedual or mood.

No one asked for cabin numbers.

If we didn't feel like waiting in lines, and prefered table service we chose the MDR for breakfast or lunch.

Barb

People just love to believe in half-facts. I never understood it, but just the way it is.

As an EARLY post above stated, they did do this for a short period - one MDR for balcony only.

Of course, since half the ship is balcony, this proved to be rather foolish and it ended.

(p.s. - this exact same question was asked two days ago)

Where do you start? :confused:

What is more relevent, the actual daily published restaurant schedule given to you on your cruise, or some "rumor" you heard once your cruise was over?Some rumors are true, some are false. OP came to check it out with other cruisers. Apparently this one was true at one time on at least one ship.

Seriously...if your cruise was over, why would you even care...at that point..what time what restaurant was open? It isn't like you can go back and eat again.No. But it would be nice to know for future cruises if there was a perk available that you missed before. Also, as this is an information sharing community, others could benefit from the information.

And if certain restaurants are only available for certain passengers who are notified of that (as you indicated) then either a cruiser DID or DID NOT get a notification. If you don't receive the notification...DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT.Some don't read every scrap of paper that is left in the cabin. Again, sharing information with the community. If the question and answer are of no use to you.....dont' worry about it. (Why the screaming all caps:confused:) It seems relatively simple to me:)

Seems relatively simple to me.

Just check your daily. Eat where you want when the restaurant is open and available to you. Once you are home, you can't eat there until your next cruise...at which time you can simply go to your new Daily.

Charlie

• 1 year later...

HI; I didn't mean to cause frustration over this question...just heard as a rumor that if staying in a bolcony cabin you are eintitled to eat in on of the main dining rooms. I thought this was a nice perk...Just wondering if the Dwn aoffered the same for poeple in balcony or higher cabins. Thanks eh!!! :D

HI; I didn't mean to cause frustration over this question...just heard as a rumor that if staying in a bolcony cabin you are eintitled to eat in on of the main dining rooms. I thought this was a nice perk...Just wondering if the Dwn aoffered the same for poeple in balcony or higher cabins. Thanks eh!!! :D

You come back a year later to say this? I gave you the correct answer last year 8 minutes after you posted your question.

Hi- This was about a year ago, but on the sky there are two MDRs and one is reserved for balcony and up. Not sure if there was much difference in the two in the mornings, but we enjoyed breakfast (balcony cabin). We are not a bug fan of the fight it out buffet line in the am.

I was wondering about this also as we were on the Sky some years ago and received an invite to a separate dining room for balcony passengers.

I thought this was fantastic (there was an upscale buffet and ordering from menu service). Since I haven't read anything about this I assumed it was a limited offering. In fact we booked a Jade suite next year largely to enjoy Cagney's for breakfast because of the nice BFs we had on Sky. So without being 'dense' am I understanding correctly that there is no upgraded BF or lunch service for balcony passengers currently?

Thanks for any insight.

..am I understanding correctly that there is no upgraded BF or lunch service for balcony passengers currently?

Thanks for any insight.

You are correct, and sometimes the MDR is not open for lunch on port days, check your Freestyle Daily for dining locations and times.

Archived