Elite Bar Selection

Cruisin Sal

I was recently on the Sapphire Princess. My bar set up included 2 bottles of scotch. They had discontinued the Canadian Club. I don't like scotch or their brandy! I drink bourbon. Is this change system wide or just on the Sapphire?

I was recently on the Sapphire Princess. My bar set up included 2 bottles of scotch. They had discontinued the Canadian Club. I don't like scotch or their brandy! I drink bourbon. Is this change system wide or just on the Sapphire?

Our Elite bar set up on the Royal two weeks ago (actually we had 4 of them on a B2B in a full suite) definitely had Canadian Club on it. I would guess that the Sapphire just ran out of their stock on hand and by telling you it was discontinued, that was a good excuse. ;) The Royal actually ran out of Diet coke, so no diet coke on the Elite bar set up this time either. Yep, they didn't discontinue it, they just ran out of it. :(

You can get anything you want. They always leave a little of everything including beer. Call room service tell them to pick them up and exchange them for what you want. When they bring them to you give a tip they will remember you when you order bacon and eggs from room service next time.

On our cruise in Oct. the Carib Princess said they didn't get their order, so they didn't have all the choices of liquor for minibar. They also didn't have all the bathroom amenities either for the suites. (was looking forward to the eye mask again.)

Elite members get one per cabin. It consists of 8 mini-bottles and two cans of coke, sprite, water, beer, tonic and mineral water. The eight minis can be swapped around, so we usually get 8 gins. The twelve others can also be swapped, so we would get 12 cans of sprite zero. minis can be swapped for sodas and such, but not the other way. All 20 beverages can be swapped for one bottle of wine.

You don't have to order it, it shows up the first afternoon. You can then call room service or talk to the cabin steward if you want to swap.

Elite members get one per cabin. It consists of 8 mini-bottles and two cans of coke, sprite, water, beer, tonic and mineral water. The eight minis can be swapped around, so we usually get 8 gins. The twelve others can also be swapped, so we would get 12 cans of sprite zero. minis can be swapped for sodas and such, but not the other way. All 20 beverages can be swapped for one bottle of wine.

You don't have to order it, it shows up the first afternoon. You can then call room service or talk to the cabin steward if you want to swap.

Paul..

Never knew that about the wine.. we were always told wine was not available. We always swap the 8 mini bottles of liquor for beer, and a few of the sodas for water.

Seems like you're giving a lot for 1 bottle of wine, though..

Gary

Never knew that about the wine.. we were always told wine was not available. We always swap the 8 mini bottles of liquor for beer, and a few of the sodas for water.

Gary

Gary, this link will explain what is allowed when it comes to the mini bar set up. http://content.princess.com/princess/?jlJkWPejbYRWORNaN9sYUtMT5g25mIANj

Paul..

Gary

The bottle of wine does not appear to be a bargain.

If there are 2 Elite passengers sharing a cabin do you get 2 packages

Nope, the Elite mini setup is one per cabin. It does not matter how many Elites are in the cabin. If you are Elite and in a Suite, then you get two setups.

Its always bothered me that the Elite options did not include any scotch so, if this has recently changed, its good news. We have a shelf full of little bottles of SKY Vodka and Courvoisier here at home from the mini bar since we usually take a box of wine and only sip wine on the balcony.

Hank

The selection varies by cruise. We were just on the Emerald b2b2b and they had canadian the first cruise, only scotch on the second, and canadian again on the third. They said it just depended on what was delivered when they were in port.

Archived