All the shore excursion lists have disappeared off Cunard's website

Devon Bloke

I was just looking through the Cunard web site to get an idea for shore excursions.

As usual, I clicked on "Destinations" (http://www.cunard.co.uk/Destinations/) , then on "Mediterranean" (http://www.cunard.co.uk/Destinations/Mediterranean/) and then on the various ports of call.

There are no shore excursions listed at all - but there were last week! :confused:

I appreciate that Cunard do not show specific voyage shore excursions in the Voyage Personaliser until about 3 months before departure.

But up until the last 24 hours there is a general guide to shore excursions for each destination.

I've looked at a wide sample of their destinations (as an academic exercise) and all the shore excursions have been removed.

When will the shore excursions be put back on the web site?

I've emailed Cunard reservations to ask them about this.

Any thoughts?

When will the shore excursions be put back on the web site?

I've emailed Cunard reservations to ask them about this.

Any thoughts?

Cunard shoreside moving in very mysterious ways! I doubt that it's any help, but the excursions for our cruise departing 19 Apr are still listed in the Voyage Personaliser. Perhaps they are just running some kind of update.

J

Posting a question about this on their Facebook page seems to have brought a swift response from them a few days ago...:)

Whereabouts on their Facebook page? I couldn't see anything about this. What was the response?

Cheers

Andy

Whereabouts on their Facebook page? I couldn't see anything about this. What was the response?

Cheers

Andy

Original post this past Sunday at 4:57am.

Cunard responded at 5:27am: Thank you for your feedback on our new booking engine, we are working on fixing these issues this week.

Hi, Zider.

I believe the OP is referring to a page such as this one for Cairo:

http://www.cunard.com/Destinations/Mediterranean/Ports-of-Call/Alexandria-Cairo/

This page has a section of "Highlights" that is filled in, but the section for "Shore Excursions" is empty.

However, the link you mentioned which is the URL for the "Shore Excursions Finder" is not working any better for me. It allows me to select a region and port, but nothing happens when I hit "submit". Are you able to retrieve any shore excursions from that "Shore Excursions Finder" page?

John.

Hi, Zider.

I believe the OP is referring to a page such as this one for Cairo:

http://www.cunard.com/Destinations/Mediterranean/Ports-of-Call/Alexandria-Cairo/

This page has a section of "Highlights" that is filled in, but the section for "Shore Excursions" is empty.

However, the link you mentioned which is the URL for the "Shore Excursions Finder" is not working any better for me. It allows me to select a region and port, but nothing happens when I hit "submit". Are you able to retrieve any shore excursions from that "Shore Excursions Finder" page?

John.

The link works But the program Does not work, & i was looking at it yesterday as they have updated some of the excursions but now Zilch

• 4 months later...
The individual shore excursions still aren't there but I've noticed when you click on Destinations and then choose your area of interest that some of the Ports of Call now have videos.

A nice one for TA to New York.

http://www.cunard.co.uk/Destinations/Transatlantic-Crossings//#Transatlantic%20Crossings

Thanks Ray66 for posting this link, very nice music to go with it.

Catherine

Hi I have a cruise booked next July. TA QM2 then QE to the Baltic's the QM2 back to NY and was trying to use the excursion finder to get some of the excursions offered in ST Petersburg but It hasn't worked in ages. Any other way I can find out about excursions to St Petersburg. I can see excursions in the voyage personaliser for my october cruise to the canary islands but since we are not 90 days out for my July cruise I can't.

Thanks

Hi I have a cruise booked next July. TA QM2 then QE to the Baltic's the QM2 back to NY and was trying to use the excursion finder to get some of the excursions offered in ST Petersburg but It hasn't worked in ages. Any other way I can find out about excursions to St Petersburg. I can see excursions in the voyage personaliser for my october cruise to the canary islands but since we are not 90 days out for my July cruise I can't.

Thanks

I think that you may be too early for the tours to be posted in a bookable form, see here for further info

http://www.cunard.co.uk/Destinations/Shore-Excursions/

Thanks

I still have them on my computer from my recent Baltic cruise.

GRAND ST PETERSBURG & THE HERMITAGE

Combine city sightseeing, luncheon, a choral performance and the celebrated Hermitage Museum on this grand tour. $188

Approx. duration: 8¾ hours - 8th June only – 8.45-17.30

PANORAMA OF ST PETERSBURG

A wonderful scenic drive which encompasses much of the rich architecture and history of this sprawling metropolis. $62.

Approx. duration: 3¾ hours - 8.45-12.30 and 13.45-17.30 – 8 & 9th June

THE HERMITAGE

No visit to St Petersburg would be complete without a tour of the world-famous Hermitage Museum – one of the premier art collections in the world.$91.

Approx. duration: 3¾ hours,14.00pm-17.45

CATHERINE PALACE

The magnificence of Imperial Russian life in the 18th century awaits you in the setting of one of Russia’s most famous palaces. $87.

Approx. duration: 4 hours, 8.00am-12.00

PETER & PAUL FORTRESS & BOAT CRUISE

This tour offers a romantic overview of the city, as seen from a canal boat and also includes a visit to the Peter and Paul Fortress and Cathedral. $84.

Approx. duration: 3½ hours, 13.45pm-17.15pm

RUSSIAN FOLKLORE EVENING

A dazzling experience waits during this fabulous evening of Russian folkloric dance and music, staged at the Menshikov Concert Hall. $79

Approx. duration: 3¼ hours – 19.00-22.15

PETERHOFF PALACE AND HYDROFOIL

$105 – 8.30-12.30 – 4 hours

AN EVENING AT THE HERMITAGE

A special opportunity to enjoy the Museum’s collections - without the crowds - further enhanced by an exclusive classical concert. $198

Approx. duration: 3½ hours

HIDDEN SCENES

Glimpse everyday life in the city of St Petersburg. Visit an ornate Russian Orthodox Church, take a ride on the Metro system and visit a local market. $65

Approx. duration: 4 hours - 14.00-17.30 (3 ½ hours)

THE PALACES OF CATHERINE & PETERHOF

A unique chance to admire the splendid palaces and parks of the former summer residences of the Russian Czars.$195

Approx. duration: 9¼ hours8.00-17.15

THE HERMITAGE & GOLD ROOM

Tour one of the world’s greatest repositories of art, then visit the Hermitage’s Gold Room, home to extraordinary jewellery. $119

Approx. duration: 4 ½ hours8.30-13.00

BOAT CRUISE & YUSUPOV PALACE

Enjoy a relaxing boat trip passing many of St Petersburg’s landmarks, before visiting the delightful Yusupov Palace. $98

Approx. duration: 3½ hours13.30pm - 17.00pm

BALLET AT THE ALEXANDRINSKY

Spend a delightful evening at the Alexandrinsky Theatre and see for yourself why Russia is so famed for its ballet.$110

Approx. duration: 3¾ hours– 19.00-23.00

COMPLETE ST PETERSBURG

See the best of St Petersburg over two days and encounter the many highlights of this historic city. $399

Approx. duration: 2 days

GALA EVENING AT THE YUSUPOV PALACE - $445

ST PETERSBURG ON FOOT - $60 - 13.30-17.45

PAVLOVSK PALACE AND CARRIAGE RIDE - $110, 8.00-13.15

PICTURESQUE ST PETERSBURG (9th only) 1 ½ hours walking

Visit the spectacular Church of the Saviour on the Spilled Blood and take a scenic cruise by some of the city’s landmarks.

Duration: 3 ½ hours. $89, 9.00am-12.30pm

A DAY IN MOSCOW - $788

ALL PRIVATE TOURS ARE $455

It never ceases to amaze me how Cunard keeps finding more and more ways to make their website less useful. :rolleyes:

I noticed the same loss of shore excursion samples under the Destinations section earlier this year... even though you can't book them yet it is still helpful if planning DIY or independent operator tours as a way to know what there is to do in a port you've never visited before.

Archived