miami hotel suggestions

travelingran

Arriving late and want to stay near the airport? Want to stay downtown and wake up to a view of the ships? Want to party hard in South Beach? Driving to Miami and looking for a parking deal?:confused:

Give us a little more info and we'll try to steer you in the right direction. :)

My daughter and her fiance (in their late 20's) are looking for a hotel in Miami with the possibility of complimentary shuttle to a hotel and transportation to the cruiseport. If no comp. transportation what would it cost to the hotel and cruiseport. The cruise is in July. Thanks!

My daughter and her fiance (in their late 20's) are looking for a hotel in Miami with the possibility of complimentary shuttle to a hotel and transportation to the cruiseport. If no comp. transportation what would it cost to the hotel and cruiseport. The cruise is in July. Thanks!

If they are flying into MIA your choices are:

• Stay near the airport. Free airport shuttles, and most hotels can arrange for a shuttle to the port of Miami (POM) for about $10 each, or you can cab it for under $30 including the tip. Look at Embassy Suites MIA and hotels in the Blue Lagoon area near MIA (Homewood Suites, Sofitel, Hampton Inn and others). There are shopping and dining options within walking distance of Blue Lagoon hotels.
  • Stay downtown near POM. Some rooms may offer a view of POM - a great way to start your day. :cool: Some enjoy Bayside Market (I do not :(); a cab from MIA will cost about $25, and another $10-12 cab ride will get you to POM. Check out the Doubletree, Marriott, Hyatt and Intercontinental.
  • Stay in Miami Beach - the "Miami" you see on TV and the movies. Hotels here are older and tend to have smaller rooms and to be more expensive, but the dining, nightlife, people watching and beach make up for it! :D A cab from MIA will cost about $32 and another $15 for the taxi to POM the next day. Check out Blue Heron's blog for more suggestions: http://blueheronsmiamiinformation.blogspot.com/

Good luck! :)

You do not want to stay downtown or out by the airport in July in Miami. Stay out on Miami Beach.

You do not want to stay downtown or out by the airport in July in Miami. Stay out on Miami Beach.

My DW-to-be and I are spending Sunday night in Miami Beach and getting married first thing in the morning. Second thing, actually. I have to ask her first.

If we are staying at a non-beach front hotel, is a shuttle to POM still an option or will we have to cab it?

My DW-to-be and I are spending Sunday night in Miami Beach and getting married first thing in the morning. Second thing, actually. I have to ask her first.

If we are staying at a non-beach front hotel, is a shuttle to POM still an option or will we have to cab it?

Just me but the last thing I'd want to do right after getting married or right before would be to take a shuttle to the POM. Splurge on a car service.

Is this a joke? You may have to apply for a license, in advance. Spur of the moment wedding may be easier in Vegas. What if she wants a nice ceremony with all kinds of planning involved, flowers, her family & friends present, etc etc? Hopefully you have discussed the subject enough to be sure she'll accept.

Archived