Another Drinks Package !!!!

jimzgoldfinch

Hi,

See following extract from Royal Caribbean site:

"New Alcoholic Beverage Packages

As an enhancement to Royal Caribbean's beverage programme, we are excited to announce the launch of three Beverage Package options, giving our guests a no-hassle way to enjoy an all-inclusive beverage experience during their cruise holiday.

Beverage packages are only available to book on board on the following ships:

Independence of the Seas, Grandeur of the Seas and Legend of the Seas.

Make your holiday more relaxing and enjoyable by paying one set price for a wide variety of beverage choices.

The available packages are as follows:

Beer Package

In this package you can enjoy all beer brands on board, by draft, can or bottle and house wines by the glass - $29.00 per guest, per day.

Classic Package

In the package you can enjoy all of the benefits of the beer package as well as a list of spirits; brand names include Smirnoff, Beefeater and Johnny Walker and cocktails using the selected spirits available - $39.00 per guest, per day.

Premium Package

In the package you can enjoy all of the benefits of the classic package as well as a list of premium spirits; brand names include Absolute, Bombay Sapphire and Johnny Walker black and cocktails using the selected spirits available - $49.00 per guest, per day.

Prices above all include gratuities and are based on per guest per day."

What do you think?

I am a beer drinker and would have to buy Celebrity's Premium package to get access to all beers available. RCI's beer package would be fine for me. There are obvious limitations i.e. house wine only (not necessarily a bad thing).

Jim

I think Celebrity's packages are a better value than RCI's in that they are priced similarly, but Celebrity's packages also permit people to obtain soda, bottled water, specialty coffees etc. in addition to alcoholic beverages whereas RCI's only cover alcohol (so far as I understand them). Demographic wise RCI tends to attract more younger people (and heavier drinkers), so I am not so sure it will work out as well for the cruise line on RCI as for Celebrity (i.e. because of people drinking their moneys worth and also the potential for numerous unruly drunk passengers).

I agree with Gonzo that RCI might run into trouble with the pricing on their packages, but I must say the beer package would be perfect for my husband. He is mostly a beer drinker but does enjoy the occasional wine - however, he'd be perfectly happy with house brands. He's fine with tap water and although he is a big soda drinker at home, he didn't drink much of it on our recent cruise. I imagine these packages will be very popular!

Keep in mind there are only the three ships that it is available on. You might check out where those ships are positioned.

Hi,

One is based in Southampton, one in Med in Summer, the other in Singapore.

Grandeur moves to Caribbean for winter - will be interested to see if packages still available!

Jim

Archived