Las Vegas Airport question??

Cya@Sea

We are traveling in May on Southwest Airlines. We change planes in Las Vegas. A few smokers want to know if you can smoke anywhere in airport. I looked up info and It said airport doesn't allow it, but I saw something that said one of the bars in there had special permission. Is this true? Thanks

According to their website, the answer should be no.

In compliance with Nevada state law, smoking is prohibited in all indoor areas at McCarran including restaurants, bars, and lounges. Smoking is permitted outdoors near ticketing and baggage claim.

Actually the truth be told is....there are several closed in areas for smokers....completely closed...you look like a fish in a fish bowl...

I will tell them no smoking. I could care less, but trying to make everyone happy with info for the trip. Thanks for replies.

Actually the truth be told is....there are several closed in areas for smokers....completely closed...you look like a fish in a fish bowl...

These 'fishbowls' have been removed, at least they had been when we were there last year.

Thats what I read about the non/ smoking in general, but somewhere there was an article about lost slot revenue with nonsmoking, and one of the bars had some type of ok for smoking. I was just wondering if that was accurate, I guess it wasn't.

The airport did remove the smoking areas, however you are correct. There is a sports bar in Terminal 1 near the CD security entrance (by the elevators) that does allow smoking. Kind of like the private smoking lounge at BNA. I've walked past the windows many times and have seen folks in there smoking.

I don't know the name of the sports bar. If you are in the baggage claim area and use the glass elevators in the middle (or the escalators by them) that take you to the security level (its on the left). It's outside security as you are heading to the C gates in that area. I think the A, B security lines are over there as well.

I'll be back there on Monday and will try to remember to get the name of the place and better location details.

:)

The airport did remove the smoking areas, however you are correct. There is a sports bar in Terminal 1 near the CD security entrance (by the elevators) that does allow smoking. Kind of like the private smoking lounge at BNA. I've walked past the windows many times and have seen folks in there smoking.

I don't know the name of the sports bar. If you are in the baggage claim area and use the glass elevators in the middle (or the escalators by them) that take you to the security level (its on the left). It's outside security as you are heading to the C gates in that area. I think the A, B security lines are over there as well.

I'll be back there on Monday and will try to remember to get the name of the place and better location details.

:)

Thanks Eemrald, We have like 30 min between flights, so maybe they can "SPRINT" over to the lounge.

Thanks Eemrald, We have like 30 min between flights, so maybe they can "SPRINT" over to the lounge.

With only 30 minutes, they likely aren't going to have any time for anything besides getting to the departure gate.

There is no way they could get there and make a flight in 30 minutes. I'm a crew member and even with my security line privileges - I couldn't do it. ;)

Have them stock up on some nicorette! At least that will help take the edge off.

I agree with the others; no time to smoke. You will be lucky to make this second flight as it is. If your first flight is on time, you'll still have to get off the first plane and get to your next flight, which probably will already be boarding when you get to the gate.

Archived