Uhg...Only one point away from Platinum

Thanks everyone for your replies. It isn't the 'status' I want, it is the embarkation/debarkation perks. Actually I wouldn't even be thinking about it if I wasn't just 1 point away (after Oct. cruise).

Anyway, I'm tempted by some of your suggestions like go on a short cruise or bump up to a JS. Not for the points really; the points would just be an excuse to do it.:D

Anyway, I'll just wait for 2012 for Platinum. But, you really did tempt me to keep an eye on deals to possibly bump up to JS. :p

It's not so much the boarding as the debarking at the end that is imnportant. We can save a day of vacation if we can get off the ship early, since we are driving distance from teh port.

On our Voyager cruise we got a disembark time of 10am which was way too late for us. We requested an earlier time, got the correct luggage tags and were off the ship by 8:30 which was fine with us.

Question...what if you just leave when you want to no matter what color they call? Would anyone check or stop you? Just curious.. not that I would ever do that! :rolleyes:

On our Voyager cruise we got a disembark time of 10am which was way too late for us. We requested an earlier time, got the correct luggage tags and were off the ship by 8:30 which was fine with us.

Question...what if you just leave when you want to no matter what color they call? Would anyone check or stop you? Just curious.. not that I would ever do that! :rolleyes:

Bonnie, if you are not carrying your own bags off, your bags may not be out in the terminal until the correct time for your disembarkation.

THAT'S the reason. ;)

Since this thread is talking about points--if you have 2 RCL cruises taken 1989-1990 how are credits or points determined?

You can check the formula on their website. I believe for that few cruises you would multiply the number of cruises by 7 and add 3. With more cruises the multiplier is 7 with 13 added to the total. If my formulas are correct you would have 17 points under the new system.

Since this thread is talking about points--if you have 2 RCL cruises taken 1989-1990 how are credits or points determined?

You can check the formula on their website. I believe for that few cruises you would multiply the number of cruises by 7 and add 3. With more cruises the multiplier is 7 with 13 added to the total. If my formulas are correct you would have 17 points under the new system.

More to the point............just go into your "MY CRUISES" account on http://www.rccl.com. Your points will be visible there.

We are also at 29 after our February cruise on Voyager. We're really not to concerned about getting to the next level, unless the onboard discount book is better. The Gold discounts we just had on Voyager were lame. I remember when we were on Adventure a couple of years ago, our Gold books had a free meal at Johnny Rockets. This time on Voyager, the best thing we got was a 2 for 1 glass of wine.

Thanks guys. I asked here because my C&A account says they gave me 3 points for each cruise. They were 7 day cruises. I could find "proof" (photos/check) of only one cruise and that may be why they did it that way.

More to the point............just go into your "MY CRUISES" account on http://www.rccl.com. Your points will be visible there.

We are also at 29 after our February cruise on Voyager. We're really not to concerned about getting to the next level, unless the onboard discount book is better. The Gold discounts we just had on Voyager were lame. I remember when we were on Adventure a couple of years ago, our Gold books had a free meal at Johnny Rockets. This time on Voyager, the best thing we got was a 2 for 1 glass of wine.

Same here. I think we used one coupon from the Gold book but I don't recall which one it was.

Someone once posted all the coupons for each tier book but I'm not sure how current they would be now. BTW, I can see no chocolates on the pillow, but no picture frame or tote bag? Gold SHOULD stand for something. Shame on you RCI!! :rolleyes::rolleyes: Didn't even ask because it honestly is no biggie and THAT's the truth :D

We went on a RCCL cruise but cannot remember what it was or when, so we are missing credit - all I remember is we didn't have a booklet on our second cruise (2004) as we did not get properly enrolled in C&A - I think we applied onboard, but nothing happened and we never entered numbers on our 2004 booking.

I think we will have to put it down to one of those things as C&A need us to provide the proof :( (Which I guess if fair enough)

We went on a RCCL cruise but cannot remember what it was or when, so we are missing credit - all I remember is we didn't have a booklet on our second cruise (2004) as we did not get properly enrolled in C&A - I think we applied onboard, but nothing happened and we never entered numbers on our 2004 booking.

I think we will have to put it down to one of those things as C&A need us to provide the proof :( (Which I guess if fair enough)

Had a similar problem with Princess. Ended up sending them some photos of us on the cruise (was back in the days when photos were dated on the back) and they credited us with the cruise.

So, if you have any "proof" that you were on an RCI ship when you say you were, there may be a way to get it added.

Archived