LIVE from the Nieuw Amsterdam LAFFNVEGAS Returns Home To Holland America

LAFFNVEGAS

Well, not quite LIVE ;) But today starts the journey. I kind of feel like the Prodigal Son except in this case I am the Prodigal Daughter returning home to Holland America after cruising NCL, Princess, NCL again because yes we liked NCL :), Celebrity, then last Royal Caribbean. They were kind of the Good, the Bad, the Great X2 then the Ugly :eek:

The last several weeks thoughts have gone thru my mind as to..... will HAL be as good as I remember it to be, will my expectations be too high, or will it be that returning home will feel so good?

I will look forward to reporting to you daily some times twice daily our activites and comments. We are traveling with 6 friends all of which have cruised with us before.

Many of you have followed my previous Live from threads and know that for all the different cruise lines I often compared things to HAL, so this time I will be comparing HAL to them. Also you know at times I can be brutally honest or at the least what my feelings were at the time ;)

So be prepared to check back frequently thru the next week as I take all of you along with Tom and I to the Eastern Caribbean.

Well it's time to get in the shower and then get those last minutes items in the luggage before we head to the airport in about and hour and 20 minutes. I will report back in from McCarran Airport. :)

We are sure you and Tom will have a great cruise and we cdertainly will read your daily reports.

Say Hi to DBA in case you meet him.

But it would have been more fun if we could have seen each other in PVR again.

Good Morning from LAS otherwise known as McCarran International Airport in Las Vegas, NV.

Getting the the airport was the usual ride in our son's car. I use to report that it was like Mr Toad's Wild Ride but in the last several years (now that he is in his 30') he no longer drives like that ;) The airport this morning appeared crowded but most of the traffic was taxis with no passengers. Cannot quite figure that out why so many to make a huge traffic jam at passenger drop off. We are flying Southwest, I love SW check in is so easy and fast :)

Since we did not eat breakfast at home Tom grabbed us some Burger King breakfast sandwiches, I grabbed a Carmel Machiatto at Starbucks and I am not settled down to post some before we board our flight that takes off in about 50 minutes.

Well I know the ship is prepared for our arrival because when I got up this morning I found an email from the Captain :cool: No secret he is one of my favorite Captains and we have not seen Captain Mercer since Dec 2008.

If you have followed my Live from's over the years you will know that in September on the Solstice we cruised with our friends Kath and Bob, well they are coming with and should be here at the airport any minute. Then also with us is localady aka Sher who was with us several times our Anniversary cruise 4 years ago and two Yummer cruises. Then is her roommate Colleen who is my high shool best friend who has also cruised with me several times on the Oosterdam. This will be Colleen's first cruise to the Caribbean (she lives in Phoenix and her flight gets in 5 minutes before us also SW) Then also in our little group is our friends Brad and Nick who cruised with us on the NCL Pearl this past April and will cruise again with us on the NCL Jade in Nov 2012. Or I should say we will cruise with them.

I think that catches us up with the basics.

I surprisingly slept pretty good last night but then I had gotten up really early yesterday morning for work.

Well I guess that is about enough info for now till we land in FLL later today.

Signing off from MC Carran International Airport in windy and a bit chilly Las Vegas, NV

bon voyage lisa. your "live froms" are always fun, interesting and very honest. that's why your reviews are so informative. i truly hope your homecoming is everything you hope it will be. for all the time and effort you put in on the hal board, you should be rewarded with a fabulous cruise. only wish i could cruise with you one of these days. enjoy and be safe.

cheers

Checking in here from a super chilly West Coast :eek:....relaxing with some java as the weather precluded us from doing Market this morning.

I will be flying with the Supermoon to meet Lisa and the group tomorrow morning. Bags are packed, seems when I am snorkelling I need 2 full bags for 7 days!! :rolleyes: I will be taking 3 different snorkel excursions during the cruise if anyone wants feedback !

Safe flight Lisa and Pedro, see you all in the morning!! :D

Have a GREAT cruise, Lisa! Jealous already!

If you happen to be walking through the starboard corridor on Deck 6 (Upper Verandah), and the door to 6095 might be open, could you help Joanie - and me - out by looking to see if there is a connecting door? It's been the subject of all sorts of research and while the Chief Housekeeper aboard suggests it is a connecting cabin, none of the deck plans show it as such and the folks who man the phones in Seattle swear that it is not a connecting cabin....

Don't get yourself in trouble! Just if you are passing the door is open....

Thanks!

God how I "hate" you woman! :mad: I just know you will make me green with envy! I have read such rotten reviews of the Pacific Pearl it has left me wondering why the hec we have spent all that money. Oh well the joys of being just a very poor Kiwi and living so far from all the action. :confused:

I wish you and Tom and my very good buddy Sher a wonderful week at sea. Hope you all have a really good blast.

Look forward to following your antics for the next week

Love xxxxx

If you have followed my Live from's over the years you will know that in September on the Solstice we cruised with our friends Kath and Bob, well they are coming with and should be here at the airport any minute. Then also with us is localady aka Sher who was with us several times our Anniversary cruise 4 years ago and two Yummer cruises. Then is her roommate Colleen who is my high shool best friend who has also cruised with me several times on the Oosterdam. This will be Colleen's first cruise to the Caribbean (she lives in Phoenix and her flight gets in 5 minutes before us also SW) Then also in our little group is our friends Brad and Nick who cruised with us on the NCL Pearl this past April and will cruise again with us on the NCL Jade in Nov 2012. Or I should say we will cruise with them.

It's so nice cruising with friends. Bon Voyage Everyone! :)

Archived