LIVE from the Nieuw Amsterdam LAFFNVEGAS Returns Home To Holland America

LAFFNVEGAS

Hi Lisa and Tom.....sorry you're sailing from the the "wrong coast" this time, but I wish you a great cruse. If you are planning a future trip to San Diego, I hear that they have a fantastic airport supervisor at Terminal One.

David

The Irish have a saying: "Cead Milea Failte" (One Hundred thousand welcomes) That is my greeting to you as you return to HAL. I hope you enjoy the Nieuw Amsterdam half as much as I did. If you do, you will really love this ship! I hope Jonathan is still the Master of the Vessel for your cruise. Have a great cruise.

Bon Voyage, Lisa! Have a wonderful, exciting time on the Nieuw Amsterdam! You're certainly getting a magnificent send off weekend and I'm glad we could do that for you here in Paradise!

Know we didn't get a chance to meet up this time, but I'm hopeful and looking forward to November! We'll do it!:)

I almost feel the excitement myself. Have a great day tomorrow ... beginnings are the BEST!

Greetings from Ft Lauderdale unfortunately I cannot get my computer to connect to the wi fi signal at hotel so doing this from my phone. Just a bit frustrated. Hopefully tomorrow morning it will work. So signing off from Hyatt Place North.

Greetings from Ft Lauderdale unfortunately I cannot get my computer to connect to the wi fi signal at hotel so doing this from my phone. Just a bit frustrated. Hopefully tomorrow morning it will work. So signing off from Hyatt Place North.

Hey Lisa, staying there again. isnt that where we stayed when we went on Crown? quick question, when does James get back on westerdam, is it september or october?

to all the yummers, have a wang wang for us :) bon voyage to you all

Good Morning From the Hyatt Place North in Ft Lauderdale near Port Evergaldes. (Note to Frank, Yes exact same place se stayed Janaury 2010)

YEAH!!!! As you can see I turned on my computer and viola!!!!! The internet connected :) I have done this too amany times to not know what I am doing so my guess is something was wrong with their server last night.

OK for those that do not see my posts on Facebook, we got a bit of a late start leaving Las Vegas, 45 minutes to be exact due to late luggage getting on the plane our place stopped in Tampa and made some time up there and we were actually only 10 minutes late into FLL but Colleen who was coming from Phoenix her connecting flight out of Houston was 45 minutes late so she was late and we needed to wait for her, we finally got to the hotel and checked in and it was after 8. We were starved so we headed over the Outback, not quick but easy. Then we had wanted to all go to Total Wine so that we could pick up a few bottles of wine before the cruise so on my phone I pulled the web site to see what their hours were for Suday figured we would go over there in the morning but realized tomorrow was Sunday and they did not open till noon :eek: So since they are open till 11 we walked over there. Since we were having a small Sail Away Party thought we would buy a few bottles of bubbly and the others also wanted to have a bottle or two of wine for the week.

We get back to the room about 10:15 last night and suddenly I realized I forgot to contact Lou from Mortgage Mobile aka Port Everglades Web Cam to get the Banner from him, luckily at the same time he was trying to track me down as well and within a few minutes he was in the lobby of our hotel. It was nice finally meeting him because he and I have spoke for several years on the phone and since I originated the West Coast Web Cam Waves and he did one of the first East Coast Web Cam Waves for me when we were on the Eurodam in Dec 2008. From there his web site and camera have taken off especially his web site www.portfever.com or go to www.portevergladeswebcam.com Today he will be capturing our Sail Away on the Nieuw Amsterdam.

188345_1921319309953_1151173614_3708950_5599799_n.jpg

I just posted a picture above from Facebook hopefully you can see it.

As of last night we all made it here with all of our luggage except Sher who was to get in this morning around 4:30 on her redeye flight I believe so I guess I will find out in a few hours that she hopefully made it here fine. Brad and Nick got in last night about the same time we did and all their luggage also arrived but they were in a different terminal from us and were staying at a different hotel so we will catch up with them at the pier.

I slept OK last night with the exception instead of a King bed we ended up with two regular size beds. Now after 34 years of marriage Tom and I have always slept in the same bed but we have always had at least a Queen Size or larger. The bed Tom chose for us to sleep in had my side of the bed practically against a wall so I had to crawl in from the foot of the bed :D Then I did wake up really early thinking will I get this internet to work this morning and of course I am just a bit excited to board the Nieuw Amsterdam ;)

I really need some coffee, I keep sitting her yawning so I think I will close for now.

Signing off from the Hyatt Place North in Ft Lauderdale FL.

Wow Lisa - you would never have known from your post that you hadn't had your morning coffee ;) We'll be watching for YOUR wave today!

It won't be long now and you will be boarding :) We'll all cruise vicariously through you.:)

Just a reminder to WATCH the Nieuw Amsterdam Sail off into the Caribbean here: http://portevergladeswebcam.com/ And to have your volume turned way up as the ships go by.... Never can get enough of that sound!!!

She, Nieuw Amsterdam is off to the left of the screen so you cannot see her, but YOU WILL when she leaves this evening.

Looking forward to seeing you and all our other CC friends sail away Lisa!!

Joanie

Hi Sheila,

In case Lisa doesn't get back on here before sail away, I copied this from the thread about the web cam: We will be in those Deck 4 VD cabins toward the aft on port side as we sail our of Port Everglades :D __________________

I hope we'll be home to watch.:)

Hi Sheila,

In case Lisa doesn't get back on here before sail away, I copied this from the thread about the web cam: We will be in those Deck 4 VD cabins toward the aft on port side as we sail our of Port Everglades :D __________________

I hope we'll be home to watch.:)

Thanks, Carol! Ah, the "secret" cabins! ;)

Checking in here from a super chilly West Coast :eek:....relaxing with some java as the weather precluded us from doing Market this morning.

I will be flying with the Supermoon to meet Lisa and the group tomorrow morning. Bags are packed, seems when I am snorkelling I need 2 full bags for 7 days!! :rolleyes: I will be taking 3 different snorkel excursions during the cruise if anyone wants feedback !

Safe flight Lisa and Pedro, see you all in the morning!! :D

Please Sher, do post info on the snorkling. One of your pictures from last year is still my wallpaper. Wish I could have joined you guys but I know it will happen sooner or later.

BON VOYAGE TO EVERYBODY

Archived