Are we beginning to see the split of the ELITE class?????

ewynn07

Just read where a passenger on the Equinox mentioned this info....Elite members who had 19 or less cruises went to "Reflections" for the cocktail parties. Members who have more then 20 cruises went to Michael's for the evening cocktails. Hmmm sounds like a "plan" by Celebrity to divide ELITE.

They did something similar on the Equinox Fall 2010 transatlantic crossing; there were approximately 800 Elites on board! They put people in Michael's Club with large number of credits (not sure if they used 20 or something higher) and the rest in the Sky Observation Lounge. It would be nice if Celebrity created a tier above Elite. I think it will happen at some point, but we may have to be patient a while.

Whether it's in Micheal's Club or Reflection, did ALL elites enjoy the same service ?? Then, nobody is '' splitting the Elite c l a s s ". Celebrity is simply spreading the volume of Elite members over two venues....which makes immense sense; that way, all elite members can enjoy the benefits without being overcorwded and stepping on everybody else's toes.

RCL does the exact same thing; too many members for the concierge lounge ? Open up a section of another bar and offer exactly the same product.

If on the other hand, elite members '' split off '' into another venue didn't have the same service, then, yes, there is a problem.

But I think the OP's inference points towards a ''class'' process, which I suggest might be a bit misleading.

My opinion

Cheers

Just read where a passenger on the Equinox mentioned this info....Elite members who had 19 or less cruises went to "Reflections" for the cocktail parties. Members who have more then 20 cruises went to Michael's for the evening cocktails. Hmmm sounds like a "plan" by Celebrity to divide ELITE.

I believe that it was 20 or more.

I believe that it was 20 or more.

Do you think they will still use Micheal's for the Elite breakfast when it is changed to a tavern motif? The renderings for Silhouette seem to show pub tables rather than couches & lounge type seating...

For suite guests - is your happy hour in Michael's rather than the larger venue? We were on the Solstice (Mar 6 2011) and the Elite event was in the Sky Lounge. I talked to a suite guest and she said their event was in Michael's. Anyone else know about to separate events? Are Diamond Plus (Royal Caribbean) invited to the suite event instead of the Elite event?

For suite guests - is your happy hour in Michael's rather than the larger venue? We were on the Solstice (Mar 6 2011) and the Elite event was in the Sky Lounge. I talked to a suite guest and she said their event was in Michael's. Anyone else know about to separate events? Are Diamond Plus (Royal Caribbean) invited to the suite event instead of the Elite event?

There is no happy hour for suite guests on Celebrity. Sometimes people in suites (generally larger suites such as Penthouse and Royal Suites) are invited to the Elite happy hour even if they are not Elite (this is up to the Hotel Director and varies some from ship to ship and sailing to sailing).

People who are Diamond or Diamond Plus with RCI would be recognized as Elite on Celebrity.

Here's a thought..

Even if someone was in the 20+ credit status, could there be an option to frequent the larger lounge rather than Michael's Club?

I actually prefer the lounge with the brightness and the water view. Michael's can get rather noisy.

It would be interesting to find out if the service, snacks, etc. are better for those in the Michael's level. Anyone know?

Here's a thought..

Even if someone was in the 20+ credit status, could there be an option to frequent the larger lounge rather than Michael's Club?

I actually prefer the lounge with the brightness and the water view. Michael's can get rather noisy.

It would be interesting to find out if the service, snacks, etc. are better for those in the Michael's level. Anyone know?

A very interesting inquiry. I rather enjoy the water view, but with our AQ hump balcony it is not really that significant.

Archived