Embarkation and disembarkation terminals are different - is this normal?

Jo and Rob

Our embarkation is at Mayflower Pier and our disembarkation is at the Ocean Terminal. Are the two close to each other?

We are using the recommended CPS parking which has a new system to us as they park the car for you. Please can you advise us as to the procedure particularly as the disembarkation location is different.

1. Do they have one central car park or do they have different car parks near the different terminals / piers?
  2. If they have more than one car park will they check the disembarkation location and park close to that?
  3. Where do we go to collect our keys at disembarkation?
  4. How do we find our car as we didn't actually park it?
  5. How close are the car parks? Do you get the driver to go back to the car and then collect everyone else and the luggage once the car has been collected?

many thanks in advance

Our embarkation is at Mayflower Pier and our disembarkation is at the Ocean Terminal. Are the two close to each other?

We are using the recommended CPS parking which has a new system to us as they park the car for you. Please can you advise us as to the procedure particularly as the disembarkation location is different.

1. Do they have one central car park or do they have different car parks near the different terminals / piers?
  2. If they have more than one car park will they check the disembarkation location and park close to that?
  3. Where do we go to collect our keys at disembarkation?
  4. How do we find our car as we didn't actually park it?
  5. How close are the car parks? Do you get the driver to go back to the car and then collect everyone else and the luggage once the car has been collected?

many thanks in advance

Please don't worry atall. It does happen now and again. We have had the same car arrangements as you once before.

Your car is driven away at Mayflower by the CPS driver, you sign a document to release it - keep this with you and put it in safe with your passports as you will need it to get your car back when you return. You will of been sent a key fob which you write your car reg. on and attach to keys.

At Mayflower the car once driven away is taken direct to the car park you will be coming back too (Ocean) and parked up.

When you arrive back after the cruise you collect luggage from baggage hall and follow signs to the car park, there is a CPS key-hut there manned by staff. You show your paperwork and they give you your car keys and tell you what letter parking bay your car is parked in, Thats it wheel case trolly to bay and locate your car.

LibraLass has summed it up and different terminals isn't unusual. Service offered by C&PS is very good. Once you've cleared customs you should be on your way out within 10 minutes.

It looks like they are changing their system as regards keyfobs as when I booked last month, they no longer send one, so don't worry if you don't have one. The accompanying documentation has been changed to reflect this.

Yes this happened on our last two cruises. It really makes no difference to you as a passenger. I must admit until I read your post I had forgotten it even happened.

As said on your return you collect your luggage from the reclaim hall (there are loads of airport trolleys around to use) and then walk out of the terminal across a little road and into the car park where your car is waiting. The only delay we have had is getting out of the car park- we queued for nearly an hour. Not sure whether this was bad timing or what but we were that chilled after our holiday we hardly noticed!

Have a great time.

If, like me, you have lots of luggage there are also plenty of porters too, who will load your luggage, accompany you to the CPS car park and load it in the car for you.

Once your car is dropped off it is parked in a holding car park and then moved to the larger CPS car parks. Prior to your return the car will be in the car park adjacent to the terminal you arrive at.

There will be plenty of staff and signage to guide the way. When you pick your key up you will be told which row your car is parked in - you will need to get your luggage from the baggage hall to the car.

If you want to be away very quickly do a DIY disembarkation - you'll be back at your car before most have had breakfast!

Thanks cruise critic, as always swift and comprehensive replies. No key fob has arrived so thanks for the reassurance that the system has changed. I take it the holding car park is large and the car park near the appropriate terminal is only used in time for pick up? I also assume that the rows aren't too long that finding the car isn't a problem.

An hour to get out of the car park! I would find that very annoying but not prepared to miss my breakfast in order to avoid it!!

I don't know about you, but I plan to squeeze every second out of our week's cruise and even disembarkation day is still part of our holiday. :)

I did have a delay leaving the car park on one cruise returning from the Carib after an Xmas cruise. This was on a day when a few World cruises were starting, so put it down to that. The shiip was also late docking on that occassion.

With a four hour drive the DIY system really works for us. Still time for a full breakfast, but back home before the last passengers are leaving the ship.

The car park has a couple of staff in a small portakabin handing out keys and there is only one car park exit, so I can see how it could take an hour to get your key and leave the car park.

I have never had a queue to leave car park after a cruise, it all usually flows very well, as the queue for the keys shed only serves one at a time, they make their way to their car,pack cases and leave, used cps car park 11 times in last 5 years trouble free.

Only time we had along delay was a couple of years ago when we arrived back on Oriana at the QEII terminal. Ventura was in Ocean terminal and the two streams of traffic had to merge to get out through gate 4.

Brian

Archived