Oasis question-Keep D1 XL balcony or change to suite guarantee

We currently have a D1 extra large OV balcony booked for our upcoming Oasis cruise. Considering upgrading to a suite guarantee. The price difference will be around $800. We have had a Jr. Suite before, and loved it. It looks like all of the Jr. Suites are in the same location on each deck, so don't think it would be a problem location-wise as to which cabin they ultimately assign us. The balcony sizes do seem to vary though. Any advice on whether it would be worth the extra $$ ?

Also, when you book a guarantee, do you usually receive a Jr. Suite, or can you be given a higher category?

Peggy

I wouldn't change for $800 unless the extra points will bump you into another C&A level, or unless you really want the JS.

The extra points will help if not on this cruise then the next ot the next. It is the cost factor you have to look at, $400 PP for an extra 7 days on your C&A level is a no brainer as you would spend well more than that on a seperate cruise. the only thing to look at is if the OP can afford the extra $800. If the answer is yes I say go for it!

Hope you have a great cruise!

I wouldn't change for $800 unless the extra points will bump you into another C&A level, or unless you really want the JS.

spending $800 to jump to the next C&A level is wasted money. A JS cabin is about $800 more than a D1 anytime anyway. This is no deal

spending $800 to jump to the next C&A level is wasted money. A JS cabin is about $800 more than a D1 anytime anyway. This is no deal

You need to look at this in a cost factor way. You spend $400 more pp and get double your C&A points. Now you may not need them now, but they will help out later.

You will not be able to book a 7 day cruise for only $400 pp. So it makes sense to upgrade if:

1. You are able to afford this without going into debt for it.

2. You will still be able to do what ever shore excursions they had planned.

3. This will not allow them to take their next cruise they have planned or are planning.

OP I hope you have a great cruise! To everyone else this is just another way to look at this situation.

Thanks for all the replies!

The additional money itself is not a problem. I was just trying to figure out if there was value for the extra $. Just straight booking a JS is $2000 more than the fare we are paying for the D1, and that definitely does not seem worth it. The double points is a nice benefit to consider though.

I guess the unknown of a guarantee is what is my biggest concern. Has anyone had a particularly good or bad experience booking this way?

Thanks again for any advice!

Peggy

Thanks for all the replies!

The additional money itself is not a problem. I was just trying to figure out if there was value for the extra $. Just straight booking a JS is $2000 more than the fare we are paying for the D1, and that definitely does not seem worth it. The double points is a nice benefit to consider though.

I guess the unknown of a guarantee is what is my biggest concern. Has anyone had a particularly good or bad experience booking this way?

Thanks again for any advice!

Peggy

If it's a suite guarantee category on the Oasis, there is no down side.

Enjoy!

Archived