Okay guys: How many pairs of shoes are YOU taking on your cruise???

bellybutton530

I wear a clean pair of tennis shoes

I bring 1 pair of flip flops

1 pair of dress shoes

1 pair of Scuba fins in black so I can wear them to formal night :p

B.

So let's see:

The tennis shoes would be for tennis? Which ship has a court?;)

And the flip flops are when you "just can't decide what to wear?":rolleyes:

So I assume the dress shoes are for diving??:confused::p

sheesh, DH brought sneakers, flip flops, casual shoes, dress shoes and water shoes, and I was complaining that was too many! Certainly there must be one shoe out there that replaces the sneakers/dress/casual? The trinity of shoes? Anyone out there found one?

Sorry rotaryscotty about the black new balances, not sure I buy it. Maybe if you showed us a picture? Are you sure you won't look like you're wearing sneakers with a sport coat?

BTW, I'm going to say three as well: one pair of boots for "dressing up", one pair of tennis shoes/basketball shoes, and one pair of flip flops. Any more than that is just foolish. ;)

Sorry rotaryscotty about the black new balances, not sure I buy it. Maybe if you showed us a picture? Are you sure you won't look like you're wearing sneakers with a sport coat?

OK Mia- Here's how I'm able to travel with only one pair of shoes-black "Cross Trainers":

If you say enough stupid things people stare at your FACE.:rolleyes:

If you hang out in the hot tub (and I do) then who cares.

If you spend enough time on a barstool, they can't see your shoes.:cool:

Should they actually notice my shoes I have responses:

-They lost one of my suitcases.

-The lights in our cabin are so dim I didn't see what I was putting on.

-My suitcase weighed 12 lbs. How much did yours weigh?

-The Goodwill store had a sale, ok?

-It was the only shoes I could find that matched my life vest.:rolleyes:

-I spent all my money on the premium liquor package, so I could sit on a bar stool and people couldn't see my shoes.:p

And please remember that when you hit your 60's you need shoes that get you to the rest room quickly.:eek:

And finally, "They just make me look FAST!;)

ok mia- here's how i'm able to travel with only one pair of shoes-black "cross trainers":

If you say enough stupid things people stare at your face.:rolleyes:

If you hang out in the hot tub (and i do) then who cares.

If you spend enough time on a barstool, they can't see your shoes.:cool:

Should they actually notice my shoes i have responses:

-they lost one of my suitcases.

-the lights in our cabin are so dim i didn't see what i was putting on.

-my suitcase weighed 12 lbs. How much did yours weigh?

-the goodwill store had a sale, ok?

-it was the only shoes i could find that matched my life vest.:rolleyes:

-i spent all my money on the premium liquor package, so i could sit on a bar stool and people couldn't see my shoes.:p

and please remember that when you hit your 60's you need shoes that get you to the rest room quickly.:eek:

And finally, "they just make me look fast!;)

lmao!!!!

For Carribean probably 3.

Teva (sandal, athletic, and water shoes all in one)

Casual shoes

Dress shoes to go with the Tux

For our upcoming 12 might Baltics probably 3 as well:

Good walking shoes / casual shoes

Athletic shoes for working out on sea days

Dress shoes to go with the Tux

I could go with two pair, but the Teva's might be a bit cool in some of the Baltic ports and I don't do socks with sandals. One week in Europe and/or less sea days probably 2 pair by leaving the athletic shoes at home. If I had size 13+ I would cut it to 2 pair somehow.

I take :

1) Good walking shoes, almost always my Vasque Gortex for shore excursions.

2) Dress shoes, these will either be my SAS laceups or a pair of nice loafers.

3) A pair of sneakers to wear around the ship.

And yes, I pack in one, 25" duffle bag.

I wore my suede slip-ons for the flight (casual nights).

I packed my Tevas sandals (triples up for flip-flops, walking shoes, and water shoes).

I rented formal shoes for formal nights, great deal, $16 total for a 14 night cruise, delivered to the room then leave 'em in the room closet.

So I only packed the sandals...it worked out great!

- Dragline

for comfy light weight shoes check out patagonia loafers and columbia makes an excellent very light weight tennis shoe - ordered through zappo shoes free shipping both ways for a trip to italy last fall. we ordered 6 or 7 pairs each and returned what we did not want

Unfortunately I have to take around 7 pairs to make my finicky feet happy and to avoid the aches and pains. Men's shoes are all so heavy - I'd like to take more but don't want to cart around all that stuff:

check out my previous reply about patagonia and columbia shoes - zappos also gives you the weight of the shoe

***2***

1 pair Black Dress Shoes

1 Pair Deck(Boat) Shoes

I would never go anywhere without Deck shoes....They can worn almost anywhere. Look great in long or short pants, great for the beach, sailing, I even use them on Mild hiking trips. Slip right on and off so no need for flip flops/sandals.

I may see if I can make that work.

sheesh, DH brought sneakers, flip flops, casual shoes, dress shoes and water shoes, and I was complaining that was too many! Certainly there must be one shoe out there that replaces the sneakers/dress/casual? The trinity of shoes? Anyone out there found one?

I'm not talking the uber modern hiking type - just plain old dark brown/black leather. Strong enough for hiking, walking etc. Casual enough to work with jeans or 3/4 pants. Formal enough to wear under slacks.

Last year I did a combination work/play trip - 49 days through China, Mongolia and Russia, before a cruise in the Med. Did it with three pairs of footwear - thongs for poolside/spa, sport shoes for gym/tennis etc and a pair of good quality leather boots. The boots stood up to the rigors of horse riding through the Gobi, several academic/government and one diplomatic meeting in China and Russia and two formal nights on the cruise!

They really are the equivalent to the "little black dress" of the male footwear world.

I was pretty proud of myself on our recent 11 day cruise on the Equinox. 3 pairs of shoes! My black RW Williams boots for nite wear, a pair of Clarks deck shoes and a pair of Nike flip flops! Not bad, eh???

However, my wife had about 8 pairs of shoes! LOL, on our first cruise she brought 11 pairs!!!!!:rolleyes:

On my last cruise I boarded the aircraft with my leather dark brown walking/dinner shoes with a packed pair of water socks and a pair of good quality walking sandals. I found that I wore the sandals ashore at every port (Southern Caribbean)

BTW, I cruise with just airline carry-on. :D

Tux shoes

Dress shoes

Sneakers

other pair of sneakers 'cause I"ll get the first ones we somewhere

Swim fins

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE :D:D Bob and Phyl

Being a West-By-God-Virgini boy, I thought you'd respond with, 'Shoes? What Shoes? Who needs any stinkin shoes??'

Den

Archived