5 in a cabin

hlb76

I just have a quick question about booking 5 in a cabin. Where does the 5th person sleep? Also is there a class of ships or type of room to make this more comfortable?

I know all about getting a extra cabin and such I am just looking for experiences when booking 5 in one cabin. Trying to convience another family to join us and I know booking 2 cabins will be a deal breaker.

we are booked 5 in a cabin for our cruise in May. The Carnival rep told me that in our cabin (balcony) the twin beds make one (or can stay apart) the couch makes a bed, we will have one pull down, and a trundle bed will be brought in at night.

I just have a quick question about booking 5 in a cabin. Where does the 5th person sleep? Also is there a class of ships or type of room to make this more comfortable?

I know all about getting a extra cabin and such I am just looking for experiences when booking 5 in one cabin. Trying to convience another family to join us and I know booking 2 cabins will be a deal breaker.

Fantasy class has cabins for 5 (two twins/King, 2 fold down and one "rollaway"). Other classes don't, other than several newer ships that offer a few family cabins. ken

The Carnival Dream has cabins for 5, it even has an extra small tub/sink, shower,toilet.

Stateroom 1370 6D OST5 230 sq ft

Bedstwin/king-1 sofabed-2 uppers* / rab: 0

View window

Bathroomsshower-toilet-sink / junior tub-sink

Features: flat screen-TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; safe; minibar; 3-closets; sofa and coffee table; Carnival's Comfort Collection

Fantasy class has cabins for 5 (two twins/King, 2 fold down and one "rollaway"). Other classes don't, other than several newer ships that offer a few family cabins. ken

Sorry Ken, but the above poster is correct about Triumph (and Destiny also sleeps 5).

Its based on the age of the ship not the class.

Sorry Ken, but the above poster is correct about Triumph (and Destiny also sleeps 5).

Its based on the age of the ship not the class.

Add Victory to that list, too.

Here are more pictures of arrangements for 5 in an inside, Fantasy class:

FantasyM88-2.jpg

FantasyM88-1.jpg

EM

We've done 5 in a cabin on the old Celebration (OV) and the Victory (BAL). We had the 2 twins together, 2 drop downs and a rollaway both times.

We did that when our kids were preteens and a bit younger. Once they hit their teens, we moved up to 2 cabins.

We did five in a balcony cabin on Victory - twice. DH and I had the twin beds rolled together for a king, oldest son had the single sofabed, middle son had the pullman, and youngest had the rollaway. Although the cabin square footage is smaller for a balcony than an outside cabin, I'd recommend the balcony - it gives some "getaway" space from everyone else in the cabin, especially when getting ready for dinner.

We booked a cruise with 5 in a cabin. We had 2 twins, two uppers and a bunk. Our kids were 8,9 and 11. They were hardly ever in the cabin. They spent most of their free time in Camp Carnival. We did come back one day and one of them had ordered room service and they had a whole buffet in the upper bunk, it was quite the sight. We planned our showers before dinner and never seemed to be too crowded. I would have loved the cabin on the Dream from the picture that was posted, 2 bathrooms would have been fantastic. Also we didn't have a balcony and I think that would have given us an area to sit in while others were getting dressed and taking showers. Our next cruise, the teenage girls got an inside cabin.

If you book an oceanview room on either the Destiny, Victory, or Triumph, you will have a larger 220 sq.ft. room. Insides will be 185, so 5 in there will be much tighter, as seen in those pics from Essiesmom. The bigger room will make it much better. Balconies are 185 sq.ft. inside, then 35 with the balcony. No extra indoor space, so the same tight fit inside, but you'd have the balcony itself as extra. Those 5-person OV rooms on the Dream class are 230 sq.ft. I've done 5 in a 185 sq.ft. room, and it was very tight. 4 was fine, 5 too much for a 185 sq.ft. room. The only other options for a bigger room for 5 are super expensive grand suites on Destiny/Triumph class & Fantasy class, or the insanely expensive Captains Suites on Liberty & Valor.

Utilize the showers in the gym, so that you don't have to be scheduling & waiting on showers. The shower stalls in the gym are nice and large, and they're free to use.

Archived