Just got a really good deal !

We almost always cruise in October and February due to lower prices. It also allows us to cruise more often since we save money. I determine if we are getting a good deal based on the $ per person per day of the cruise, not counting tips. (Best deal was $71 per person per day OV Empress for 5 Nights on the Carnival Ecstasy this October) We really try to stay under $100 unless we splurge for a balcony. We always get at least a window, perhaps Promenade, and we always get on a floor that is only one floor from everything. We only use the elevators to go up to the Windjammer/Pool. Just booked the Voyager 7 Nights in Feb 2012 for $90 per person per day (Promenade) and wanted to share! Our TA gave us $200 OBC and the same price as booking directly with RCI, which I used to always do. We went on the same cruise two years ago for $126 per person per day (balcony) and this year for $101 per person per day (Promenade). We are taking the same cruise cheaper every year even with oil rising, and the Voyager is such a great cruise! I don't know how anyone can say cruising is not a great value for what you get. How does this compare to the great deals you've been getting for comparable rooms and cruises? Just wondering.

. I determine if we are getting a good deal based on the $ per person per day of the cruise, not counting tips. .

Question if you dont mind? :) When figuring out the "per person per day" total, do you include the taxes and port fees or just the cruise fare?

I am at 108.00 per day (cruise fare only) or 122.00 per day (taxes and port charges included) for a Promenade cabin for my cruise on the Freedom next year. I have no idea if its a "good deal" or not and its certainly way more than I have paid so far but it also a longer cruise on a much newer ship so Im comfortable with the pricing :)

I wont be disappointed though if there are a couple of price drops between now and my final payment date though :p

I'm with you!! I think cruising is an incredible per diem deal! We have taken AI trips to places like Alaska, Africa, Costa Rica etc and I can tell you, you can EASILY pay $500-$1000 per diem for a trip!! ('course you get to see real animals, not party animals;))

I think cruising is a great value if you can travel during the off times (no holidays or school vacation breaks). We have generally paid between $90-$120 per diem for 5 night cruises, but we almost always book a balcony. This year we are splurging...we booked Oasis D1 balcony (and are still well under $200 a night pp), and I booked the dreaded school vacation week, to travel with my kids and mom, and am only paying about $150 per diem for a 4 night.

One of the ways we have saved in the past is to cruise "2-3 levels down" from the newest ship out there. By sailing on one of the older ships we get great value, and at least on Royal, we have found the quality to still be perfectly fine! Maybe once we sail on Oasis, we will be spoiled and won't go back:confused:

(My prices include the taxes and my prepaid gratuities for MTD)

We almost always cruise in October and February due to lower prices. It also allows us to cruise more often since we save money. I determine if we are getting a good deal based on the $ per person per day of the cruise, not counting tips. (Best deal was $71 per person per day OV Empress for 5 Nights on the Carnival Ecstasy this October) We really try to stay under $100 unless we splurge for a balcony. We always get at least a window, perhaps Promenade, and we always get on a floor that is only one floor from everything. We only use the elevators to go up to the Windjammer/Pool. Just booked the Voyager 7 Nights in Feb 2012 for $90 per person per day (Promenade) and wanted to share! Our TA gave us $200 OBC and the same price as booking directly with RCI, which I used to always do. We went on the same cruise two years ago for $126 per person per day (balcony) and this year for $101 per person per day (Promenade). We are taking the same cruise cheaper every year even with oil rising, and the Voyager is such a great cruise! I don't know how anyone can say cruising is not a great value for what you get. How does this compare to the great deals you've been getting for comparable rooms and cruises? Just wondering.

I can see the value in October, but February? I don't really see bargain prices that time of year.

$142.00pp (cruise fare only) for a Boardwalk Balcony on Oasis - April 9th sailing....seems fair

$278.00pp (cruise fare only) for a junior suite - a little steep but we really wanted the extra room - this is also for Oasis April 9th sailing

We just booked a cruise for next February. 12 nights in an ocean view stateroom. Grand total including taxes/fees/port charges comes to a little over $70.00 per person per day. We feel that's a great deal but we've had even better ones in the past.

What drise are you taking, where and when?

We just got $60 a person a day on Monarch including taxes and fees! I was stunned when I saw that price on the hot deals after what we have paid for weeklong cruises in the past. We're paying $130 for Freedom in two months, which I also feel is a great deal.

Thanks all. Very Interesting. Just what I was looking for.

BTW, I include taxes/fees, but not tips in my calculations.

We cruise from Galveston or New Orleans since we can drive and save even more and there are some very good deals from February even up into April as long as you avoid Spring Break week, which is mid March. There are some better deals out of Florida, but the flight there makes the higher prices in Galveston still the best deal for us. With more and larger ships coming to TX and LA this year, we are hoping it lowers the overall prices in the area some.

Wish there were a "Like" button. Some of your deals are amazing!

We are going on the Serenade in September for our Honeymoon.

For a Balcony Stateroom, Taxes & Insurance and Cruise Care Insurance it comes to $107 pp each day. Since we booked on cruise onboard we also get $100 OBC.

We never purchased Cruise Care before but since we have to fly to San Juan and the possibility of a hurricane it is well worth it just in case.

Archived