Back to Back cruises...when is my onboard account settled?

lynnquenby

We are doing the Eastern and Western Caribbean intineraries back to back on Epic. I was just wondering when our onboard account will be settled? Will they settle the end of the first week when we arrive back in Miami and then the second week when we disembark or are both weeks settled at the end of the cruise?

Also, if we establish our onboard account with a credit card and then want to settle with a pre-paid credit card can we do this? if so assuming we just need to visit guest services to clear the account? If this is done at the 'changeover' would I need to restablish the account with my 'ordinary credit card' and then settle again with my pre-paid account at the end of the cruise?

Hopefully this makes sense! Appreciate any advice you can give.

Lynn

I believe that you have to settle at the end of each cruise but this may have changed. When we were on the Jade they made special arrangements for those staying on to do back to back and they all had to go to a special meeting. It will probably be the same for you.

Having done many b2b cruises your acct will be settled after each week unless you ask for it otherwise. You should do this once on board your ship and follow up mid or at dy six to make sure their computer reflects that.

I often settle at the end of the two weeks playing the cc cut off date for Amex.

One year my account was just rolled over to the next week but the next year on the same ship for the same itinerary, it was settled at the end of the first week and a new one started....go figure.

It may have to do with whether you had booked your cruise as two separate 7 day cruises or one 14. You also might not have noticed how it was booked but could have been done by you PCC if in fact you booked direct.

On our last cruise on the Epic in January I had booked it as a 14 day cruise because it was about $150 pp cheaper than booking it as 2 cruises.

Even after factoring in Platinum perks it was still cheaper but we ended up getting the perks for both weeks. Don't know if it was a mistake but I certainly wasn't going to ask.

It may have to do with whether you had booked your cruise as two separate 7 day cruises or one 14. You also might not have noticed how it was booked but could have been done by you PCC if in fact you booked direct.

They were both booked the same way, as 2 seperate cruises and I didn't book direct. Just shows that many times there is not a definitive answer to a question.;)

On our last cruise on the Epic in January I had booked it as a 14 day cruise because it was about $150 pp cheaper than booking it as 2 cruises.

Even after factoring in Platinum perks it was still cheaper but we ended up getting the perks for both weeks. Don't know if it was a mistake but I certainly wasn't going to ask.

What perk would you have gotten on one week but not the next?:confused:

What perk would you have gotten on one week but not the next?

We thought that we'ed only get the perks for the one week ie dinner at Le Bistro and laundry which are the important ones for us. Buit we did get them for both weeks.

I think they have stopped selling the Epic 14 day caribbean for 2012.

What perk would you have gotten on one week but not the next?

We thought that we'ed only get the perks for the one week ie dinner at Le Bistro and laundry which are the important ones for us. Buit we did get them for both weeks.

I think they have stopped selling the Epic 14 day caribbean for 2012.

OK, that makes sense. I REALLY hate to admit this but, at the Latitudes party, I won the free bag of laundry the first week and didn't use it either week. I will never live that down with one person around here.:D

thanks all for the info- seems there's no definitive answers so I'll check when we board.

Do you think that I'll be able to pay with a card that's different? only reason I want to do this is I can get a better exchange rate for my $'s but I know that I can't establish my on board account with a prepaid card! I really don't want to load my card only to find that I can't use it- it's going to be a lot of $'s!!!

I can not give you a definitive answer.

But, it is possible to put down a regular cc, and then make payments against the account at anytime. Those payments could be via a debit or cash.

Though they do not take a prepaid card for deposit, I am thinking they MIGHT take it for a payment on the account. If you can find anyone to talk with, make sure you make the distinction between the DEPOSIT or SETTING UP THE ACCOUNT vs just making a payment on the account.

We cruised a B2B on the Dawn in 2010, they combined the dates to look like a 14 day on the invoice although we had two booking #'s for the 5 and 9 day. There were no extra perks for us during our stay whereas Carnival has always given us a bottle of bubbly and fruit basket. We certainly will continue B2B's because we can enjoy a couple weeks vacation and travel to the homeport once, saving extra hotel, land and air expenses.

I can not give you a definitive answer.

But, it is possible to put down a regular cc, and then make payments against the account at anytime. Those payments could be via a debit or cash.

Though they do not take a prepaid card for deposit, I am thinking they MIGHT take it for a payment on the account. If you can find anyone to talk with, make sure you make the distinction between the DEPOSIT or SETTING UP THE ACCOUNT vs just making a payment on the account.

Thanks Garycarla - think I'll run this past my NCL PCC and get them to check with Miami HO, though understand that sometimes they don't always give you the right info!! :rolleyes:

Archived