Sunset veranda vs. other stern verandas

elycelynne

On the Solstice-class ships, what's the difference between the "Sunset veranda" cabins and any other veranda cabin that's located on the stern - for instance, some Concierge Class on other decks? Is there something special that makes these the most expensive (even more than CC) of all the stern cabins and therefore more desirable?

On the Solstice-class ships, what's the difference between the "Sunset veranda" cabins and any other veranda cabin that's located on the stern - for instance, some Concierge Class on other decks? Is there something special that makes these the most expensive (even more than CC) of all the stern cabins and therefore more desirable?

Elyce,

We had a SV cabin on the Eclipse a couple of weeks ago. We loved it!! I think the Concierge Class aft cabins have a bit larger balcony?? Of course, all the other CC benefits. Check out the "sticky" above (on the main Celebrity thread area) about specific cabins!

Enjoy!

Kel:)

Usually Concierge Class is a higher category and costs more; if the SV's are priced higher on your sailing it just means that CC has not been selling well and SV's have been on your particular sailing leading to the pricing being out of whack between these categories. If CC is cheaper, go with that - extra Captain's Club credit and extra perks whereas the stateroom and balcony would be pretty much the same.

Usually Concierge Class is a higher category and costs more; if the SV's are priced higher on your sailing it just means that CC has not been selling well and SV's have been on your particular sailing leading to the pricing being out of whack between these categories. If CC is cheaper, go with that - extra Captain's Club credit and extra perks whereas the stateroom and balcony would be pretty much the same.

So what you're saying is that the dimensions of all the stern veranda cabins and their balconies (with the exception of suites, of course) are all the same?

So what you're saying is that the dimensions of all the stern veranda cabins and their balconies (with the exception of suites, of course) are all the same?

No, they vary a bit - but it is not a difference between CC vs. SV, but simply some balconies on the aft are a bit larger, some a bit smaller. In general SV and CC have the same size interior and balcony. The main difference is that CC gets extra perks, and therefore is a higher category and (most of the time) more money.

Here is a link to a thread with pictures of the aft balconies and the picture is labelled so you can see the stateroom number and category: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1362270&highlight=aft+balconies+photo

As you can see, some SV's have larger balconies than others (i.e. #7364) and some CC have larger balconies (i.e. 1206). Some SV's are smaller than normal (i.e. 7362) and some CC are smaller than normal (i.e. 1204). The largest non-suite balconies are not aft on S-Class, but on the slanted portion of the hump - that IMHO is the best place to look for a stateroom on an S-Class vessel. If talking M-Class, then aft is by far the way to go.

Archived