The "new" Shadow

LaVieBoheme

Anyone else think that the refurb looks a bit dated?

Yes. I have long thought that the cruise lines we frequent (SB, Regent and SS) have very peculiar colour schemes and designs.

I would like to hear others' views on this. As a personal opinion, I think it would be more attractive to use the colours of the sea, sky, sun and bleached wood in the interiors - apart from perhaps venues used mainly after dark, like grand salons etc. I also dislike intensely the garishly patterned carpets, changing as you walk along the corridors and into the lounges etc. And whoever thought that plain purple carpet was a good idea for the Seabourn staircases needs to think again - it shows every mark and bit of lint, and some poor soul has to hoover it frequently! What is wrong with soft coloured carpets, with a tiny pattern which disguises the marks?

Anyone else have views?

Yes. I have long thought that the cruise lines we frequent (SB, Regent and SS) have very peculiar colour schemes and designs.

I would like to hear others' views on this. As a personal opinion, I think it would be more attractive to use the colours of the sea, sky, sun and bleached wood in the interiors - apart from perhaps venues used mainly after dark, like grand salons etc.

Anyone else have views?

Personally quite like the decor as long as silversea keeps it in good condition. I've found silversea decor just sort of works and fits with the general theme of the ship. I do think it wears quite quickly and they need to refresh on a regular basis.

Archived