Change of date/change insurance?

I have an odd problem...just had to change my sailing on Jewel to an earlier 5 day sailing to make my airfares/flights work. I had previously booked insurance online rather than RCI cruise care ( generally do this to protect against failure of BOTH the cruiseline and it's insurance wing- unlikely I know, but it is recommended to do so in many travel forums). I took it early because of Pre EX C's the elders have will be covred even tho I haven't had to put out any $ yet. The insurance is now covering the wrong dates. I'm going to call the 800 and ask about, but wondering if anyone has encountered this and how you managed?

I have an odd problem...just had to change my sailing on Jewel to an earlier 5 day sailing to make my airfares/flights work. I had previously booked insurance online rather than RCI cruise care ( generally do this to protect against failure of BOTH the cruiseline and it's insurance wing- unlikely I know, but it is recommended to do so in many travel forums). I took it early because of Pre EX C's the elders have will be covred even tho I haven't had to put out any $ yet. The insurance is now covering the wrong dates. I'm going to call the 800 and ask about, but wondering if anyone has encountered this and how you managed?

I booked our insurance for a back 2 back cruise through insure my trip.com. Several weeks after booking, I decided to move week 2 to be week 1 of the B2B instead. There was no problem at all, since we weren't cancelling the cruise. I called insure my trip, and they contacted the insurance company and moved it without any issues.

I do not know if that would affect your pre-existing coverage, because I did not ask. But it was no problem to change the coverage dates. :)

It was very easy...I just had to go to the insurance company's website and select "modify policy". It had options for all sorts of changes...I just needed to change my dates, although, they may email back that I need to pay more premium, based on now 5 vs previously 4 nights.

Anyway, I like to follow up here because I often search these boards for ???s I have and like when I can get the info I need at the end of an old thread;)

I'm glad you were able to easily change the dates for your policy. If I understand your original post correctly you said you were able to cover pre-existing conditions without putting out any money. Can you share what company you used?

It was part of the plans I was considering on insuremytrip.com all stated that as long as I paid for insurance within two weeks of the booking date that any preexsisting medical conditions are covered. So I take this to mean that if an elder had heart issues and those issues caused me to cancel it would be covered because I bought the policy within 2 weeks of the booking date. I could be mistaken about that, but that was my take on it. Of course you have to read everypolicy you are considering because they are all so different.

So essentially I have to " pay" for insurance far earlier than i am " at risk" financially ( since everything is fully refundable from Royal till final payment day).

not sure the way I explained that makes a bit of sense...;) but you can check it out on the website.

It was part of the plans I was considering on insuremytrip.com all stated that as long as I paid for insurance within two weeks of the booking date that any preexsisting medical conditions are covered. So I take this to mean that if an elder had heart issues and those issues caused me to cancel it would be covered because I bought the policy within 2 weeks of the booking date. I could be mistaken about that, but that was my take on it. Of course you have to read everypolicy you are considering because they are all so different.

So essentially I have to " pay" for insurance far earlier than i am " at risk" financially ( since everything is fully refundable from Royal till final payment day). not sure the way I explained that makes a bit of sense...;) but you can check it out on the website.

Thanks for clarifying. In your OP I thought you said that you purchased insurance that covered pre-existing conditions without putting any money down. I'd love to find a policy like that but it doesn't look like any policies are available for pre-existing coverage unless you purchase within a short time after your initial deposit.

Archived