Who will be booking a 2006 Alaskan Cruise?

cruisingfreak

Yes, we are planning for June 2006. I am chomping at the bit to book this trip. Anyone know when Princess will come out with the schedule?

Also, I've been looking at the prices for 2005 and got a little sticker shock. How much lower can we expect them to be seeing that we will be booking over a year ahead of time?

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack your thread!:)

Yes, we are planning for June 2006. I am chomping at the bit to book this trip. Anyone know when Princess will come out with the schedule?

Also, I've been looking at the prices for 2005 and got a little sticker shock. How much lower can we expect them to be seeing that we will be booking over a year ahead of time?

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack your thread!:)

That's alright, you didn't hijack my thread.

I also can't wait for the Princess schedule to come out. I'll be speaking to my TA at the end of April, & I'll ask when they will be coming out. Hopefully it might be the end of April or May.

You know the prices won't go any lower, they probably will go higher unfortunately.

Minette

HI! We'll be going in June, also. Going to be celebrating our 25th anniversary. I know what you mean about the sticker shock of prices this year. We were all ready for a Princess cruise, but now after reading this board and talking to our TA we're open to many possibilities. I can't wait for the brochures to come out either. The waiting is the hardest part.

Any ideas on which line and cruise you'll be doing and why?

Have a great day!

Have a great day!

We're going to be doing a Princess cruise/tour, on either the Coral/Island. I like their newer ships alot, as I've been on both. We'll be doing a 7 day tour first, then the cruise.

Minette

Have a great day!

We are spending five days on land first (Kenai Penninsula) and then taking Southbound out of Whittier. Chose Princess due to the time in Glacier Bay and the times in each port. Hope to be on the Coral. This year is going to crawl by!

This has nothing to do with Alaska but we booked a cruise (a repo) May 2006 just this last month. Over a year away because the prices were the lowest. So as soon as the book comes in put down that deposit.

Marilyn

My fam is planning to go in July to celebrate Dad's retirement. He wants R/T out of Seattle, which seems to be getting more common each year. I know we're all anxious to see our options. Not looking at specific lines at this point...price and itinerary will likely dictate.

We're planning a trip in Aug. We can't decide if we want a cruise tour first or a round trip. We also thought about the 11 day on the Dream. I wonder if any other ships will start doing a 10 or 11 day of cruising. So many decisions!!!!

Debbie

Yep, my DW and I, and my brother and his missus are booking a seven day Vancouver - Glacier Bay - Vancouver run on Carnival Spirit, and will back-to-back it with a twelve day Vancouver to Honolulu run. We figured that we'd get seven days drinking in the awe inspiring scenery in Alaska (our first choice when we decided on a major holiday), five days at sea to just do shipboard stuff (spa spoils for the women, sports bar quality time for us men), and seven days to thaw out around the Hawaiian islands. The only drawback? It's not until SEPTEMBER 2006! OMG, 18 months away...

I must confess, I envy you guys in North America - we're flying from Perth, Western Australia to Vancouver at the beginning (around 23 hours in the air) and Honolulu to home at the end (eight or nine more). That jacks up the price by around six or seven grand per couple. This is why the cruise isn't until Sept '06 - until then, the anticipation is just nervewracking. See you all there!:D

This has nothing to do with Alaska but we booked a cruise (a repo) May 2006 just this last month. Over a year away because the prices were the lowest. So as soon as the book comes in put down that deposit.

Marilyn

That's what I'm waiting to do. I have my Future Cruise Credits ready.

As soon as the schedule & prices are out, I'll be on the phone to my TA. I know exactly what cruise/tour we want, all I need is to book it.

Minette

Hubby and I are planning August 2006 for our 25th. I wanted to go to Maui but he's been going where I want for 24 years. Looking to cruise out of Vancouver which I've always wanted to see. Looks like Seranade of the Seas for us if it stays positioned in Alaska next summer. All kidding aside, we both love the outdoors and the scenery in Alaska looks spectacular so it's not too much of a sacrifice for me.

Goodmorning!

And I thought I was the only one who felt like time was crawling by! LOL Steph, I was wondering if you could tell me which tour number you are looking at with just 5 days in the Kenaii as I have only saw one with 7 days and I don't think we can arrange more than 2 weeks off. Have you sailed on the Coral before?

I know what you mean about giving into the hubby this time Lois, as we've primarily sailed where I wanted because I like the warmth. Oh well, I guess I can give once out of 25 years! LOL

I haven't really thought about RCCL's cruises there but I think I'll send for a book as the Serenade of the Seas looks like a fabulous ship. We've only sailed with RCCL and had a fabulous time every time.

Thanks for all the quick info. everyone and have a fabulous day!!!!!

Goodmorning!

Steph, I was wondering if you could tell me which tour number you are looking at with just 5 days in the Kenaii as I have only saw one with 7 days and I don't think we can arrange more than 2 weeks off. Have you sailed on the Coral before?

We are doing the land portion on our own. We are going to stay at Kenai Princess since its a central location and then do some trout fishing, hiking, biking, etc. We are not too thrilled with structured tours. We will be doing them at different ports, but wanted to explore on our own as well.

Have never been on the Coral...heck, we've never been on a cruise! This will be our first, but after reading these boards for several hours we decided on the Coral.

I can hardly wait for this year to go by!

:) Hi, I guess after lurking for a couple of months, I will join in, I will probably be spending a lot of time here this year! We are planning our very first cruise for July of next year to Alaska. Hubby wants Princess Dawn , and I would like to go on the Coral. His reason is the adt balcony room n the Sun and Dawn, they don't have them on the Coral. We have definitely chosen Princess, with the Denali/Copper River Land Tour, he does NOT want to tour on his own, so this is the way we will do it, I don't care just so very happy to be going. I called Princess yesterday, anxiously awaiting to book, they said sometime in May, they will be opening Alaska bookings for next year.

Hi Steph!

Thanks for letting me know. There's a group of us going so we'll have to book a cruisetour. Otherwise, it will be too complicated. I'll just have to wait and see what they come up with when the new books come out.

Thanks for the update on that, also. My TA had called them and they had said April or May but that was late last year so I won' t have to keep bugging her in April.

I'll look forward to seeing what we all come up with once the prices are out!

Have a great weekend!!!!!

Thanks for starting this thread. We are looking for a Summer 2006 13day cruisetour likely Southbound and am anxiously awaiting TA pricing so we can start saving. Also, since it's our first-time in Alaska and 2nd time( by 2006) on Princess, I'm constantly lurking now on the various Alaskan threads here. So if anyone of y'all have done your homework and care to pass any hot tips to me, pls feel free. We're a family of four ( 2 pre-teen well-behaved boys) looking for one good balcony cabin, any suggestions are welcome.

My husband and I are going to be celebrating our 10th anniversary next year by going to Alaska!

Us, too!!! Just booked today for Spirit, May 10th, Glacier Bay! It sails 2 weeks prior to our actual anniversary, but it's a "sacrifice" we're willing to make. ;)

And even though it's waaaaaaay too far out, already formulating a plan as far as airfare, etc. Looks like the best and least expensive option is flying in and out of Seattle the days before and after the cruise. Even with the added night's stay at a hotel and shuttle service between Seattle and Vancouver, we'll save approximately $250, if not more. We'll see how things look in about a year. :)

My husband and I will be going to Alaska in May 06. I'm impatiently waiting for fares to be posted, because our deposit it ready and waiting! We hope to sail on the Coral. :D

Carnival Conquest Feb 03

Norwegian Dream Mar 04

Caribbean Princess Dec 05

Thanks for starting this thread. We are looking for a Summer 2006 13day cruisetour likely Southbound and am anxiously awaiting TA pricing so we can start saving. Also, since it's our first-time in Alaska and 2nd time( by 2006) on Princess, I'm constantly lurking now on the various Alaskan threads here. So if anyone of y'all have done your homework and care to pass any hot tips to me, pls feel free. We're a family of four ( 2 pre-teen well-behaved boys) looking for one good balcony cabin, any suggestions are welcome.

Here's on tip I've learned from these threads.....when in Denali, do the Tundra Wilderness Tour, instead of the Natural History Tour. You will not see much with the NHT, as it doesn't go as far into the park.

Anyone else have other helpful tips for us first timers???

Minette

Archived