Who will be booking a 2006 Alaskan Cruise?

cruisingfreak

Count me in too. I'm hoping to book a 2006 Alaska cruise. Just waiting for prices to come out and see which ship stops where. This will be our first time to the 49th state. My cousin who has been there twice raves about it.:D

Since I'm not too fond of the cold, I hope I won't be disappointed.:( But my DDs want to give Alaska a try so I thought I would make them happy. So I'll try Alaska to please them and to see what all the rave is about.:cool:

spacer.gif120CRZColHouse.jpg.35700.1.jpeg

I'm waiting also. Plan on going to Alaska May 2006, hopefully on Coral or Island Princess. Have even figured out by seeing when the repositioning cruises are and when they wind up in Vancouver, when the cruises on these two ships will begin in May 2006. Now just have to wait for the fares to be released!

I'm waiting also. Plan on going to Alaska May 2006, hopefully on Coral or Island Princess. Have even figured out by seeing when the repositioning cruises are and when they wind up in Vancouver, when the cruises on these two ships will begin in May 2006. Now just have to wait for the fares to be released!

Any idea when the prices and ports of called are released with the cruiselines? How much longer before we know all this info? :confused:

162span.jpg

Any idea when the prices and ports of called are released with the cruiselines? How much longer before we know all this info? :confused:

162span.jpg

I'm hoping that Princess will have the schedules out late April or sometime in the beginning of May. I am soooo ready to book!

Minette

The schedule is out and we wanted a specific suite so we went ahead and booked it - the good prices aren't out yet so we have to wait for our TA to adjust that. Hopefully the military discounts will be good for this cruise.......

Planning this far out is great along with the info from this board.....

The schedule is out and we wanted a specific suite so we went ahead and booked it - the good prices aren't out yet so we have to wait for our TA to adjust that. Hopefully the military discounts will be good for this cruise.......

Planning this far out is great along with the info from this board.....

I know what you mean, must book as soon as schedules are out.

That's what I'm waiting to do now. As soon as the Princess schedules come out, I'll be on the phone to my TA. Will like you, have over a year to collect all the info needed, on this board.

Minette

I'm not sure I know what you mean about the schedules being out but not the good prices. Don't they have the prices as soon as they put the schedules out. My Ta said she would call as soon as the pricing came out but should I be asking her to do something different? Where do you find the schedules? I've gone to Princesses site and tried to bring up an Alsska cruise for June of 2006 and it won't tell me anything.

Thanks for any info. on this!

I'm not sure I know what you mean about the schedules being out but not the good prices. Don't they have the prices as soon as they put the schedules out. My Ta said she would call as soon as the pricing came out but should I be asking her to do something different? Where do you find the schedules? I've gone to Princesses site and tried to bring up an Alsska cruise for June of 2006 and it won't tell me anything.

I got a call from the guy I deal with at Carnival that the Alaska schedules were out but that there were no military rates or any other discounts available yet - but that they would be announced later and he would adjust the price. He knew we wanted a specific suite so I'm sure glad he called. I'm not sure about any other cruise line having their schedules out. I haven't tried looking for the 2006 info at the web site.

Princess prices & schedules won't be out until at least May. I'm hoping for sooner, but I doubt it.

When I speak to my TA in April, I'll ask when they will be coming out.

Minette

Thanks guys! I was a little concerned. I just talked to my travel agent last week and she said it would be the end of April or first of May before we could get a schedule. You had me worried for a minute. I appreciate you clearing this up for me.

Planning this vacation is so much harder then the others as we have really no idea about Alaska at all. I'm learning most from these boards and a couple of books I have purchased. I'm going to need a vacation by the time I get this all planned! LOL

Hope everyones week is going great and I look forward to any other info. you'd like to share with me. It all helps!!!!

Thanks guys! I was a little concerned. I just talked to my travel agent last week and she said it would be the end of April or first of May before we could get a schedule.

Hope everyones week is going great and I look forward to any other info. you'd like to share with me. It all helps!!!!

That's good to hear. Not that long to go. I'm getting antsy just waiting for the schedule to come out.

Minette

I was wondering when the scheduling would open up. Thanks for letting us know.

Minette

I have called princess and so has TA and we keep getting different answers. One Princess rep said July which I know can't be right because we looked last June for 05 and many rooms were already booked.

We booked a fully fedundable Carnival Alaska cruise for June 06 because we got tired of waiting for Princess and since Carnival was our 2nd choice if Princess no longer had the itinerary we wanted or had dates that didn't work for us, we didn't want to wait and end up not getting the rooms we wanted on Carnival. Several of the rooms we liked were already booked last week.

Ann

Currently - Carnival Spirit - Alaska June 21, 2006

Disney Wonder - Mar 2004

I have called princess and so has TA and we keep getting different answers. One Princess rep said July which I know can't be right because we looked last June for 05 and many rooms were already booked.

We booked a fully fedundable Carnival Alaska cruise for June 06 because we got tired of waiting for Princess and since Carnival was our 2nd choice if Princess no longer had the itinerary we wanted or had dates that didn't work for us, we didn't want to wait and end up not getting the rooms we wanted on Carnival. Several of the rooms we liked were already booked last week.

Ann

Currently - Carnival Spirit - Alaska June 21, 2006

Disney Wonder - Mar 2004

I don't think the reps know what's going on over at Princess sometimes. It's ridiculous.

Good for you having already booked the cruise you wanted.

Minette

Archived