Carib Princess in June - Expect Young Adults?

Mark O

We are long-time RCCL cruisers, but are considering the 9 day Carib Princess out of NYC on June 4th with our 21 yr old daughter. What age group would we expect to find on a sailing like this? Would there be many ppl from 20-30 on this sailing at this time of year?

We were on the same sailing (June 4th, 2008) the ship had a very low number of young kids (ages 0 - 16). I believe it was under 200. I know this because my kids fell in that range and I had inquired about it.

Having said that...there seemed to be LOTS of college kids onboard.

I remember meeting/talking with a few of them thinking they were all sailing together as a group. As it turned out they had just met each other onboard the ship. :)

thanks, that's good to know. we're trying to recruit a group of my daughter's friends to join us (to celebrate college graduation) but we didn't want to end up on a cruise with mostly ppl our age (haha).

thanks, that's good to know. we're trying to recruit a group of my daughter's friends to join us (to celebrate college graduation) but we didn't want to end up on a cruise with mostly ppl our age (haha).

I did a 9 day out of jersey last June on Explorer of the Seas.

A couple things I noticed:

1. Definitely an older crowd with boomers over age 50 dominating. This is typical on cruises longer than 7 days. With that said, the younger crowd even if small WILL find each other guaranteed usually at the disco in the evening.

2. Ship passengers much less diverse than say Florida cruises. Vast majority of passengers from New York State.

3. New Yorkers whether age 25 or age 55 love to party and tend to be very sociable.

I would think not too many younger folks onboard for several reasons.

1. Youngsters who are employed often cannot take vacation more than a week long.

2. Youngsters cannot afford the longer cruises (more than a week) unless Mommy and daddy are paying...

EM

I did this 2010 and very few kids most young kids are still in scholl and college kids may be out but not common on the 9 day cruise or this itinerrary.

We have booked this cruise again for june 4 since they will not be doing this cruise in 2012.

Jeff

We were on the same sailing (June 4th, 2008) the ship had a very low number of young kids (ages 0 - 16). I believe it was under 200. I know this because my kids fell in that range and I had inquired about it.

Having said that...there seemed to be LOTS of college kids onboard.

I remember meeting/talking with a few of them thinking they were all sailing together as a group. As it turned out they had just met each other onboard the ship. :)

I just wanted to clarify that I would not classify this cruise as a spring break or singles kind of cruise. The young adults that I have seen on the CB sailings out of NY are with their extended families...Grandparents, parents, siblings, etc.

If this will be your first princess cruise I would be happy to refer you and any others sailing with you for the first time to receive $25.00 discount each. Here's the link on it. It's a program by princess for new cruisers and referalls by past passengers (me). you can email me at: lisa collie at yahoo dot. com I'd be happy to do the referral but it needs to be done before you make the booking....see below link:

https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/jsp/referralHelp.jsp

My son is waiting to see when his summer internship starts. He's finishing his first year of law school and would love to go. He had to miss the "spring break" cruise we just did a few weeks ago. Ok now... this is a secret and don't tell our daughter...! she came on this past cruise and when our son couldn't join us,we canceled the "kids" room and put her in our aft balcony room with us. Dh and I spent our vacation sleeping in separate beds! We are waiting to see if our DS can come and I know our DD is free, but this time it is an all or nothing trip. DH and I would love the adult kids to come and have a room on the ship but we need some privacy this time. Feel free to give me the bad parent award today!!

I was on the Carr. Prin. last 6/23/10 for the 9 day, and even though it was late enough in June for the college kids to be done w/ spring term, my impression was there were very few that age on the trip. As mentioned earlier, the ones I met were traveling with parents/etc, and have difficulty finding peers close in age.

Archived